🎀Chapter 12🎀

🌹Eliza🌹

I never thought the day would actually come when i would see my father again face to face. I never thought that the man who raised me to be the woman i am today, the man who exiled me from the only place I've known would be staring at me with the coldest look known to man. Someone seeing this interaction would think he hated me. Well maybe he did. Maybe Chris was right when he said I was lucky i didn't get a death sentence. Maybe exile was dad's way of showing me mercy, that he still cared. I want to believe that. I want to believe the man i grew up with is the same person staring at me right now but after the call i had with Chris today i will not allow myself be so naïve again. Today was a big turn around for me. I always thought that maybe one day i would be exonerated and i would be allowed back home but there was always this nagging feeling, something telling me that i was being delusional. No body was going to help me except myself. I had to be the one to set myself free, not because i want to go back to that country that never loved me but because i will not allow my good name to be smeared across the mud any longer. I didn't try to kill my father, but who ever did is going down and by my hands.

I hugged Harry back like my life depended on it because i knew i couldn't bring myself to tell him what was going on and i would soon have to disappear. I was basically trained for this, well not this. My father was always paranoid that there would be a coup so he trained my brother and i. I don't like to think or even remember any memory related to this because it was one of the worst times of my life. My father turned a blind eye to all the way Alfonzo thought was necessary for our training. I was taught to drop it all at the blink of an eye no remorse or hesitation. And i did every time, i never completed my training though. I was to let go of the one thing i couldn't. Its ironic how that one thing.....that thing i was willing to sacrifice my whole world for dropped everything and left me the moment my dad was almost assassinated. Almost makes me think he had a hand in it but unfortunately he couldn't have. He was with me that night.

"Where have you been?" Harry said when he pulled away from me, his unnecessary height towering over me. I looked into his eyes and was immediately filled with regret for what i had to do. I was beginning to love this man but i couldn't let love could my judgement again. Maybe when everything is done and I have finally cleared my name, maybe i could come back for him. That is if i wasn't dead then. I had to disappear and fast, i would have to go underground if i wanted to uncover what really happened on that day.

"I'm sorry, just cramps" I said with a look of pain. It wasn't a look at had to fake because it was true. All i had to do was look at the man i used to consider my father and remember all I've gone through in his hands. I understand why he did it all, when we weren't training to survive or be royalty we were with our dad in his loving arms. He was a good father in his won way. And i don't hold it against him, no matter what has happened i honestly cannot hold it against him or even hate him. He was still my father after all.

"You shouldn't be here then, you should be resting. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, i took some pain killers before coming in" I said reassuring him with a kiss to the cheek. My father tried masking a shocked look when i did that but i could see through it easily. Harry nodded squeezing my hand a little with a smile.

"Come, i want you to meet someone" He pulled me towards the direction of my father. He was wearing a blank face, i on the other hand acted professional with just a little smile.

"This is Erik Theron, one of our biggest shareholders and the king of Sweden" I gave a perfect curtsy when he said that not wanting to look like i knew who he was.

"Its a pleasure to meet you, you Royal Highness" I said still curtsying, i wasn't all that painful to stay in this position for long, it was part of both my training, i was used to it already.