𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 ~ 𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐮𝐬 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 ✧

𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬: 𝟖𝟗𝟎

𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐱, 𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐮𝐬, 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐩.

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: 𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐮𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝

𝐚/𝐧: 𝐢 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐭𝐛𝐡

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───────

It was a quiet night in the town of Enigmere, the place you called home. Your house was nestled in a tightly knit neighbourhood full of other wizarding families, so it got particularly quiet after sundown. Tonight was no different, especially with the rain pouring down as hard as it was.

You had fallen asleep on your favourite armchair in your living room, your book still in your hands and the candles around you slowly continuing to burn. The rumbling sound of a motorcycle driving down your street awoke you from your slumber. What was a motorcycle doing in your neighbourhood? You knew that nobody that lived on your street owned one, and the sound immediately reminded you of your ex boyfriend, Sirius Black.

You placed your book on the coffee table, getting up and walking to the front window. You pulled the blinds open to look outside, and your suspicion was confirmed to be true. Sirius stepped off his bike, taking his helmet off. You couldn't see his face in the darkness, but you had no doubt that it was him.

He approached your door, knocking. You proceeded to the door, confused, but you opened it for him anyway. The light from inside of your house illuminated his face, allowing you to see the damage on it. His clothes were dripping onto your doormat, his hair was drenched and messy, and his face was badly bruised.

"Sirius–" You ushered him in, sitting him down in the very armchair that you had been sitting in moments ago. "–What happened?"

"I got into a fight." He admitted, droplets of rain trailing down his long strands of hair. "It got a bit out of hand."

"Out of hand? You look like you just stumbled out of a brawl, Sirius!" You exclaimed, grabbing a first aid kit and a towel from the closet. "Merlin's beard." You pulled up a stool in front of him, putting the towel around his shoulders. "Let's get you cleaned up."

You began dabbing the cuts on his face, careful but firm. The candle light flickered dimly across his face, but you avoided looking into his eyes as you wiped his face. The tension in the air was almost suffocating, unspoken questions lingering over your head. Yet, there was something intimate about the silence you shared, the only sounds being the thunder outside and the quiet rustle of medical supplies.

"I'm sorry." He spoke, breaking the silence.

"This cut is bad, Sirius. It might scar." You brushed your cotton swab over a split on his nose bridge, causing him to wince. You placed a bandage over it, smoothing it down carefully.

"Y/n."

You met his gaze, a mixture of sympathy and some lingering feelings passing between the two of you.

"I said I'm sorry." He repeated.

"For what?" You questioned, cleaning another cut on his cheek bone.

"I don't know. For coming here..." He responded, but he knew that wasn't the only thing he was apologising for. "I just didn't know where else to go. I knew you wouldn't turn me away. But I shouldn't have come."

"You can always come here, Sirius. No matter what."

"You're too good to me."

"You're a good person. You need someone that can see that, even when you can't." You spoke softly, sitting back to examine his face.

"Sometimes it feels as though you're the only one that does. Perhaps I just need you, then."

His admission hung in the air, and a sense of bittersweet nostalgia filled the room. Your heart ached seeing him like this, and you knew that it was because of the feelings you still had for him.

"I came here because I needed to be some place that felt like home." He continued. "You feel like home. We were happy, once. Life just got complicated."

You nodded, taking his hand to bandage his knuckles. "Life always has a way of complicating things, huh?"

"Yeah." He sighed, intertwining his fingers with yours when you were done with the bandages. "Do you think we could find our way back?" He looked at you, eyes full of hope and hesitation as he awaited your response.

"Maybe." You responded after a moment. How could you say no when he was looking at you like that? You felt his thumb rubbing your hand, and memories of the time you spent together flooded your mind. "I want to. Believe me, I do."

"Then let's try. One step at a time."

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───────

Once you finished cleaning him up, you fetched him a pair of dry clothes to change into. Luckily, the clothes he used to keep at your house were still tucked away in one of your drawers.

"You can sleep on my bed. I don't want you to hurt yourself more by sleeping on the couch." You spoke, grabbing yourself a blanket.

"Are you kidding? I'm not going to steal your bed, Y/n. The couch is fine."

"I refuse. Go lay down and get some sleep."

"I'm not sleeping in your bed unless you are too. So pick your poison."

You rolled your eyes at his stubbornness. "Fine."

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───────

By morning, Sirius' hand was snaked around your waist and your head was resting on his chest, but neither of you decided to acknowledge it.

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───────

𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें