Jail Bate

Shellshock began to worry a little about the Shinobi Nobles wanting his head for stealing Ato and their Wolfpack slaves, especially after hearing rumors that some warlord named Laughing Shadow had ordered Shimoto and an envoy of twenty ships to invade Constintina where Shellshock had been laying low in a fortified palace. But that's when he remembered that Baino gave him those digital blueprints to Zynnis prison. So he figured that he could take over the prison, find Ato, kidnap him again, and use the kid as a hostage against the Shinobi Nobles. So he and twenty headstrong Darksiders loaded up and got into the Darkwing and were headed for Zynnis space station.

When the Shinobi Nobles' ships entered Constantina's air space, it was immediately an all-out battle, as Shimoto's envoy and Constantina's air fortresses were both taking photon blasts from each other. It was like fireworks. When the Darkwing blasted off, Shellshock activated its ghost cloak, zooming right past the huge space battle unseen. But he looked and could see that the fortresses were losing the battle, as the Shinobi Noble's twenty ships divided themselves into forty smaller ones that swarmed the fortresses with overwhelming firepower, sending them crashing down toward the moon's surface in giant, flaming chunks of twisted metal. Shellshock knew that when those fortresses crashed to the ground, many lives would be lost. But he felt little over it, only that he had nothing else to lose.

Shellshock used the prison's interactive blueprint hologram to disable Zynnis' security systems which, in turn, unlocked every cell. But meanwhile, deep inside the space station, Max and Akira, who, after Akira's banishment from Volcrim, were both tracked down and were being interrogated in a dark room full of Baino's men about her connection to Ezrith. They had just got done roughing up Max and were just about to start on her again. But that's when the sirens went off and the artificial gravity started to weaken. After that Max mustered up enough boldness and strength to take a distracted prison guard's gun from his holster. Using the guard as a shield, Max fired at everyone in sight. Akira had taken cover, but Max found and grabbed her, saying to her: "It's Okay. I'm Ezrith Helix's uncle." So she just grabbed herself a gun from another guard's body. Together, as the gravity grew weaker, they blasted their way out of that area of the prison.

Ato was in the last process of being deported to Volcrim when Max and Akira ran into him on a small flight deck where he was waiting for a ship to pick him up. A couple of guards at the entrance of the deck began shooting at Max and Akira on sight. But when Ato saw his sister, his only instinct was to grab a gun from one of the guards who had been shot by Max. Ato then joined Akira and Max to escape the space station alive. But the place was in a panic. As soon as Ato's deportation ship landed on the deck, it took a couple of photon blasts from the Darkwing, which appeared from nowhere out of warp drive. The ship exploded into pieces of flying metal, knocking everyone on the flight deck back with a shockwave. Whoever didn't get the chance to hold on to something drifted away into space. "Drop the guns and surrender," Shellshock's voice rang out from the Darkwing, as its spotlight flashed on Max, Ato, and Akira, who all immediately surrendered.

Meanwhile, When Ezrith and his men got to the space bridge, they knew it was a good thing they made upgrades to the ship so that no one would really recognize it. They approached the most secured checkpoint closest to the portal where the heavily armed sentries were using scanners to scan ships for identification and contraband. Ezrith's men almost started to panic a little. But Ezrith told them: "Calm down. I know the arch sentry. I used to work here. I think he'll let us through with no problems." When they approached the sentries closest to the teleporter, they all greeted Ezrith, but one of them approached and said: "Hey, aren't you wanted??" "Yeah. Who isn't these days, right?" Ezrith said with a little nervous smirk. Then Ratch discretely showed the sentry a plasma bomb big enough to blow up the entire base, which would theoretically cause space/time distortions in the teleport. After a couple of seconds, the sentry signaled for the teleport to be fired up and to let the ship through. But that's when about ten marauder ships surrounded the whole space bridge with all torpedoes locked on Lulu. But they were too late, as the starship blasted off, disappearing through the teleport.

Meanwhile, Max, Akira, and Ato were being held in separate cells in Zynnis. They were the only ones in cells at the time. After killing most of the prison guards, the Darksiders besieged the whole prison. They were heavily armed. "What do you want with us?!" Max asked Shellshock. Shellshock approached Max's cell, saying: "Don't worry about dying, uncle Max. That might come later. But, for now, I need you alive." Since the prison's artificial gravity system was disabled, there was no gravity in certain parts of the space station, but the Darksiders wore gravity boots.