Chapter 05

The atmosphere was tense. Tanjro felt a cold sweat running down his back while Inosuke growled, glaring at the woman who nearly attacked them. If it weren't for the other woman who was holding her back, he wouldn't know what would happen to Zenitsu who blandly called her a demon which clearly gave out a strong reaction from the restraint woman.

"Let me at him! LET ME AT HIM!!"

Zenitsu was trembling hard behind Tanjro. He couldn't help but feel bad for him. He could feel his back wetted with his tears and shaking him along with Inosuke who is thankfully being restrained.

"U-uhm! Sorry to interfere..."

Tanjiro flinched when she turned her bloodshot eyes in his direction, glaring. The woman held onto her tight and whispered something in her ears. Her shoulders which had been raised ready to push herself to the boy behind him slowly relaxed and her eyes became shut.

When the woman finally released her, the other one calmed down and then straightened but her glaring was still there as she crossed her arms looking intimidatingly. The woman with common features like any Japanese he encountered approached the trio as she bowed, apologizing.

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay?"

Tanjiro tensed but let out his always gentle and bright smile in her direction as he shook his head.

"No, no need to apologize. I'm sorry for Insokue's behavior. He's hard to control most of the time but he's getting better."

He held onto him and patted his shoulder to calm him down which thankfully did calm him as his body relaxed on his touch but still growling in the inhumane woman who was also glaring in their direction.

The woman covered her mouth, giggling, and gave out a closed-eyed smile as she reached her hand in Tanjiro's direction.

"You're such a polite boy, unlike the arrogant students I often passed by the past few months. I'm Moko Tamashi."

Tanjiro returned a smile and carefully let go of Inosuke and observed him while he reached out his hand and shook hands.

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well! My name is Tanjiro Kamado. This is Inosuke and the one behind me is Zenitsu."

They let go after introducing themselves and Moko turned to her companion and pushed her gently in front of her. The trio stared at the woman, who might be a demon yet didn't seem to be one by their senses, curiously.

The woman grumbled and gave in in defeat as she began to introduce herself to be 'Juno Hori.'

"And I'm a cop you fools! Anything suspicious from you, I will arrest you on the spot! Ya hear?!"

"C-cop!"

Zenitsu shrieked and ducked himself even forth behind Tanjiro feeling the glare from Juno tuened in his direction. Moko glanced at her helplessly and turned back towards Tanjiro and offered him an offer.

"You seemed injured especially being here where the big battle happened to be..."

'Big battle? Was it an attack from a demon?'

Tanjiro frowned but continued to listen to Moko's words until the end so as not to end up misunderstanding and overthinking the situation.

"...I was wondering if you want to get to a hospital and get you kids checked up."

Tanjiro's brows raised in surprise. A hospital? He wasn't sure there was one nearby with all you can see is full of desolated things. Silence drifted through the littered place full of isolated buildings and strange poles pilled here and there. And he can't ignore the stench of death wafting from the neglected building Inosuke tried to charge at before he was face to face with the women.