"Thanks for that!" 13415 beams, "I've never felt better in my life."

"I doubt you're the only one," mutters 1988, "This makes me suspect that our lack of love in the hive might have not been due to raw consumption but more due to not doing any real... maintenance."

"When it's easier to eat the wounded or just recycle-" 9999 is stopped by 1988 patting its head.

"I know. Now I know," is all 1988 says before resuming his focus on the map, "This is going to take a week at this pace, at least. How can we split up for a week? They can't feed from the cocoons anymore, so how much love can we really spare? We'd have to hibernate a few guys... but then we'll be getting even less love here..."

"If you give me a copy of the map and a few drones, I think I can provide a stable hive mind for a small group," offers 9999.

"You nearly collapsed after a few hours," 1988 shakes his head, "With the amount of changelings this is going to require, that's out of the question. Besides, you've done well here and I want to use the right changeling for the right thing, no matter the rank. It's a novel idea but let's give it a shot. No, for safety reasons and to swap serving as hive mind nodes, both 8622 and 9013 will have to go."

"They can't hurt the monsters," objects 9999.

"We're in the north. They can fight off a black bear, timberwolves, or any other wildlife if needed. Good point, though. So, we're going to need both carriers and supernatural security..."

"The Silents can carry three cocoons each, provided we can make a proper harness. Other than one of them, they don't seem to be improving in their heads but they won't panic in a tight situation which I can't say about us. Although I'd like to keep the one who potentially seems to be getting better here," replies 9999.

"Sounds good. So, two Silents, two warriors, but still a double-digit amount of pony-sized cocoons which will break if they drag them on the ground."

"The camp ponies have those huge carts for tree trunks stationed around our shiny reward spot. Maybe we could borrow one?" offers 13415.

"I'll ask Sawtooth later. Wait, no. Let's not make two versions of the plan. 13415, go do that right now. Sawtooth should still be in the camp's office building this early."

"On it!" 13415 salutes and bolts away.

"Hmph, no matter how I look at it, we're still short on love. If we send out the drones who keep bringing in the least with the cocoon group, we'll still end up exhausted. Without draining some of you drones and forcing you into hibernation it won't work."

"I can't ask the guys to do it. You heard them last night. I've never seen them so happy- no, that's not right," 9999 pauses.

"It didn't look like that to me," 1988 shrugs, "They look more excited whenever one of them wins the chance to hug the bug zapper."

"No no no, you don't understand. This... this is important that I say it right," 9999 shakes its head, "It's easy to be ecstatic about... anything, really, when you only have this exact moment to live, when you can be eaten in the next second. Yesterday... they were happier than ever because... because they were starting to believe they might get to... live? To maybe enjoy tomorrow what they have now as well?" 9999 kicks the ground in frustration and growls before sighing and saying, "I wish I was able to say it in a way that makes sense."

"You're making too much out of this. We just need one or two to go into hibernation until we get some love from the ponies again because we're going to have to give almost all we have to the cocoon group."

"That's not how they'll see-" 9999 looks at the patch of grass it kicked out, "If I was an infiltrator with proper brain and words I'd know how to say it right. I-" it pauses and blinks, "Wait! Hibernate me!"