First Lesson

The picture is supposed to represent Annie this is what she would look like. The next chapter will have a picture of Blue so stay tuned for that!

"Are you ready for this evaluation" said my trainer

I replied saying yes. I was quickly instructed to walk. After three laps of walking I was instructed to trot. Finally after doing transition I was finally instructed to canter. After a couple more transitions my trainer set up a caveilete, a 2'3 vertical, and a 4'5 oxer.

I politely asked for the trot Cedric accepted the trot. After going over the first jump I asked for a slow canter being a jumper Cedric wanted to speed up. I had to keep him slow. After we went over the next jump I let Cedric do a faster canter so he could make it over. He speed up and shortly after he jumped like a dream his normal dreamy self. I finally slowed him down to a walk and gave him a pat on the neck.

I hopped off Cedric and lead him out of the arena. Emily walked up with the dapple grey and said he was amazing tacking up. I then said can you untack Cedric and put him back in his stall. She nodded her head.

"You looked good on Cedric now you hop up on Blue" said my trainer

I replied saying what's his show name.

"His show name is Shady Blue Sky" my trainer said as I was mounting on Blue

When I was finally mounted on Blue I was instructed to walk. After a few laps I was instructed to trot. I finally finished transitions then was instructed to canter. I saw the jumps I had to jump but was worried about if blue could make it or not.

He had a smooth canter but he had a could trot you could sit or even post to. When I was finally instructed to jump I went and started back troting to the first jump. Blue did not hesitate to jump. I shortly picked up the canter for the next jump. Still Blue had no hesitations toward jump. I picked up I faster canter hoping that he was going to have a good stride towards the next jump 3,2,1... No hesitation Blue soared over the jump.

"Perfect you and him make a great match" said my trainer

"Thanks" I said

I hopped of Blue and walked him out of the arena. When I got back inside the stable I attached Blue to the cross ties and untacked him. Blue started to smile when he saw the treat and Cedric stood in his stall making his puppy dog eyes that gets me every time. So I quickly gave Blue his treat and walked over to Cedric and him a treat. I walked over to Annie and patted her on the neck and handed her a treat to.

I then attached Blue's lead rope to his halter and took the cross ties of and lead him to his stall. I then ran over to my trainer and asked if I could use the round pin and the smaller arena with jumps for lunging and free jumping Annie. My trainer nodded her head agreeing to what I said. I walked back to Annie's stall with the lunge line and walked her out of the stable.

I decided to use the round to warm up . In the round I first started to cue her to walk she quickly agreed to what I was asking. After ten laps of walking I asked for the trot she seemed like a happy mare. She trotted gracefully around when asked her to canter she started throwing her head around and bucking. It was to adorable!

I walked her out of the round all ready to jump when I got in the small arena I took the lunge line attached to her halter off and closed the gate while she followed me. When I was done setting up the jumps to a combination of a 2'0, 2'5, and a 3'6 jump I put the fences up to keep her from going out and grabbed the whip. I slapped the whip on the ground trying not to scare other horses around but Annie was not afraid she gracefully trotted then went into a canter towards the jumps. She over jumped every one of the jumps so I raised the last one up now is was 4'0. She did the same thing with jumps so I gave up she knew what I was looking for.
I grabbed the lung line and attached it back to her halter and lead her back to the stalls.

The day was almost over with class started tomorrow