Pakkun presses a paw to his forehead, not in the least bit surprised. "Your problem children have summoned problem wolves?" 

"They're not problematic,'' Kakashi reasons, "just…" he can't quite find the right word. It might be aggressive, he thinks, or defensive. Maybe even dysfunctional, at best. He settles on shrugging instead. "Maa, in any case, that's tomorrow's problem." 

He settles his headband onto his bedside table and does quick work of changing into his sleep clothes. Settling underneath the covers, Kakashi watches as Guruku turns the lights off and then moves onto the bed along with the rest of the pack to curl around him protectively for the night. 

"Sleep well, Boss," Pakkun murmurs, placing his head onto Kakashi's chest. From his other side, Bisuke's cold snout presses into the male's neck. 

"Mhhm," Kakashi hums, finally closing his eyes. 

On the other side of the village, Naruto sits in the corner of his room, back against the wall and one knee pulled up to his chest, arm placed on top of it. From beneath his lashes, his eyes are harsh and cold. 

Across the room, the black wolf curiously sniffs at the floor, his large form taking up most of the space. Naruto's home smells like him; a nice pleasant mix of sea salt and gentle herbs. Underneath that, however, is the barest hint of blood. "Interesting," the black wolf says, turning to take in the contents of his summoner's home. The kitchen is small, but well kept and on closer inspection, his equipment seems to be of older design, some of it stuck together with tape. 

The wolf's black fur bristles. He turns to look at the living room/bedroom. There's a simple looking bed, one nightstand and a few books are stacked on the windowsill. Further from the bed sits an old kotetsu, with a small vase on top of it. A single flower is placed inside it, the petals long and red. 

Sniffing the air, the black wolf catches the trace of blood once more. His tail twitches behind him. He scans the room once more and pauses when he notices an old, wrinkled poster just to the side of the window. He carefully makes his way over to it, aware of how much space he takes up in this small apartment. 

At first glance, the poster doesn't seem all that interesting. It's dull with age, the colours not as bright as they once might have been, corners ripped and taped together. At second glance, the wolf slowly processes the information that he sees. The poster is basic, it's a lineup of different people of all ages doing normal, human expressions with the emotions written above them. 

The black wolf turns to face his summoner. Tilting his head ever so slightly, he watches with sharp, golden eyes as Naruto mimics his movement, no hesitation, all precision. 

"Interesting," he repeats. And then, "I've invaded your territory. Would you like me to leave?" 

Naruto considers him, fingers flexing against his knee. His cold, blue eyes are nothing like they were earlier today. He nods stiffly. 

The black wolf noses the window open. "I'll be outside," he says, stepping onto the stairway, "get some rest. I've no interest in hurting you, only protecting you." 

His summoner scoffs and doesn't move from his designated corner.

"My name," the wolf starts, catching the window latch between his sharp teeth, "is Kuro.'' And just before he closes the window, he hears the soft, quiet voice of his summoner, murmuring, ''Naruto." 

Kuro grunts and settles himself underneath the window, wrapping his long tail around himself. That night, much like his summoner, he doesn't sleep. Instead, he watches as ninja in ceramic masks move quietly through the night, every so often stopping at a nearby rooftop to stare at him. A flash of his golden eyes and sharp teeth, accompanied by a low, threatening growl has them all eventually scurrying away.

•••
1287 words//unedited.

ladies and gentlemen and my non binary pals...

i present you the possibility of psychopath/sociopath naruto! 😭

like, Kishimoto, my man 😒 you gon tell me that naruto had one of the shittiest childhoods ever 😶 and he just forgives everyone??? 🤔🤔 for treating him like shit??? 🤔🤔 for making him feel like he's worthless and annoying and a hindrance to have around?? 🤔 sir, be fucking for real 😒 bE fUckiNg fOr rEaL 💀

at the very least everyone who treated him like the dirt on the bottom of their shoes should have GROVELLED for his acceptance 😤😭 and yOU KNOW WHAT????

they fucking will 😒 cause amma make it happen 😤

anyways, pls ignore my short anger filled monologue 🙏 until next time my lovelies! 🍃🍃