Chapter 7: The Cursed Mountain

Start from the beginning

After having their lunch, an announcement called for the misfits. They were summoned to meet their instructor outside of Babyls. Iruma and his classmates gathered by the gates of their school, and Kalego began his announcement.

Kalego: "I've gathered all of you here because it's time for your training."
Iruma: "Training...?"
Azz: "Yes, during the first days of Iruma-sama's absence, Kalego-sensei had been training us to see our progress for the misfit hunt."
Kalego: "That's right, but it will be a different training this time. We'll go to the cursed mountain by dawn! You can go home for now, but I must say this first... Enjoy every bit of peace that you have today, because your training will be grueling tomorrow!"
Clara: "Hoh, cursed mountain! Are we going to climb it?"
Lied: "For some reason, the word: *Cursed*, is giving me chills..."

Allocer: "The Cursed Mountain. It's an area that has been barely explored... Demons can curse someone, but they aren't invincible against it. A scroll was discovered from the latest expedition which was held in the cursed mountain several years ago. The scroll said: (All creatures who seek my treasures shall be cursed. A step on my territory means a step towards death. If you wish to attain power, let your soul be mine. Despite my promises, remember that I'm cursed. A soul is not enough, unless if it's the chosen one)."

Lied: "Wah, that makes it scarier!"
Jazz: "Treasures... Heh, I see..."
Gaap: "Why are you planning to send us on a dangerous place, Kalego-sensei??"
Lied: "That's right, that's right!"
Clara: *Stares blankly at Iruma* "Iruma-chi, is this our punishment too?"
Azz: "I can't possibly allow Iruma-sama to risk his life in such a dangerous place! I'm aware of his strength and courage, but he's been through a lot! Send me in exchange of Iruma-sama!"
Clara: "Me too, me too! Wait, Iruma-chi won't be coming? Just send Azz-Azz!"
Azz: "You traitor!"
Iruma: "Uhm, I'll be fine, so... Let's do our best for this! Is that fine?"
Azz: "B-but..."
Clara: "Hehe, good luck to us!"
Sabro: "Bring it on! I'll face any challenges and make myself known as the demon who conquered the cursed mountain!"

Kalego: "Silence! I prepared a guide for all of you, make sure to take one before going home. If you don't attend this event, your rank will be demoted. Some teachers including myself went there recently, and we made sure to prepare the necessary measures for this event. Don't waste our efforts by skipping school, and don't be late like some certain students!"

Kalego sent everyone home to enjoy their peaceful moments, but half of the misfits were too nervous that they can't even relax. As for Iruma and his best friends, they went to their secret meeting place to fly back home.

Azz: "Shall we go now, Iruma-sama?"
Iruma: "Sure! Are you fine with using your wings again, Clara?"
Clara: "As long as it's just the two of you, I'm fine!"
Iruma: "Okay, let's go!"

They flew above the sky, and played a circling game mid-air. They enjoyed gliding through the wind, as if the three of them were dancing together.

Iruma: "Hahahaha, this is fun! Oh, that's right. Hey, Azz-kun, Clara, would you like to have a sleepover at my house?"
Azz: "Are you inviting us, Iruma-sama? If you are, then, the obvious answer is yes!"
Clara: "Another sleepover, and Azz-Azz will be with us! Sure!"
Iruma: "Wait, it's still early so you two should spend a few hours with your families. I'll wait at home, so don't forget to bring your things!"
Azz: "I don't know if I'd like to spend hours with my mother..."
Clara: "We'll see you later, Iruma-chi!"
Iruma: "Yeah, I'll be waiting!"

Azz and Clara parted from Iruma, and the three of them did what they have to. Azz doesn't like spending time with his mother, but he doesn't hate it either. He informed them about the event, and they wished him good luck. After that, his mother fed him different types of food, and dressed him with fancy, yet frilly clothes. Azz was irritated, but he tried his best to put up with it. Clara informed her family about the event too, and her family gathered to perform a singing ritual that will give her luck and protection. After a few hours of spending their time at home, they began packing their stuff before flying to Sullivan's mansion.