4

? Pov

I stared at Phantom and Xara, who are now looking at me in interest. This wasn't good at all. The other Shadow Papyri couldn't see them, but here I am reacting to them. What the hell was I gonna do?! If they tell their 'partners', then I'm screwed!

If the others find out, then Nightmare will find out. When Nightmare finds out, I'm fucking screwed! Who knows what he would do? While he may, may, do nothing, he could also take an interest, and that would be bad. I like my life how it is now. It's simple and easy, and I don't have to worry about anything besides taking care of my boys and my chores.

I take a moment to calm my non-existent heart and look back at Xara and Phantom. What to do, what to do..... we all just stared at each other. I think they were more surprised than I was, probably because I can see them when other Shadow Papyri can't... "Erm... Hello...?"

Well, there goes me, staying quiet and leaving. Oh, who am I kidding? Running away was never an option unless I wanted Nightmare to eventually find out. I'm damn lucky he simply hasn't cared enough to find out before now. If he wanted to, he could easily find out about me. However, if 'his gang' shows interest in me, then who knows what's gonna happen?

"So you can see us! You don't look like the normal 'Shadow Papyri', you're way too short." Well, thank you, Xara. I didn't know that! Can you sense my sarcasm? "YOU SEEM MORE LIKE A SHADOW SANS! BUT I DIDN'T THINK THAT MASSIVE GOOP BLOB MADE SHADOW SANS SINCE I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY!" Well, no shit. He can't make shadow Sans, I'm just short as fuck.

"I'm a Shadow Papyri, just... different then the others. Mainly my height" and my past life, but they don't need to know that. "You can also see us when the others can't." Well, yeah. Thats obvious, isn't it? "THAT'S OBVIOUS XARA! I THOUGHT YOU KNEW BETTER THEN TO STATE THE OBVIOUS!" Thank you, Phantom... not that I'll say it outloud.

"Still, it's super weird. How come their so different from the rest? What else could be different?" I do not wanna answer any of those questions, mostly cause the first is personal, and I don't know the answer to the second question. "WHO KNOWS! MAYBE WE SHOULD ASK THEM? AFTER ALL, THEY ARE THE WEIRD ONE OUT AND SHOULD KNOW!" Uh, no, I do not know. Just because I'm different doesn't mean I know how I'm different.

"Hey, uh...." Hm...? Oh, do they want my name...? I don't think I have a name in this world... well, it's not a real one at least. "Shadow Papyri number 07...." Yeah... my 'Name' is literally Shadow Papyri 07... so, not really a name, but what can you do? "THAT... IS NOT A NAME."

I couldn't really argue with that, but I also couldn't help but feel slightly offended. It may not be the best, but it's been my name for centuries now, "Well, it's my name. It may not be conventional, but it's what I've been called since I was made. Phantom scowled, and Xara narrowed their eyes a bit.

"That's a fucking awful name. Who would even name you that??" I had to hide a snort. Who did they think named me? "Nightmare." "THAT BLACK BLOB NAMED YOU?! WELL I, THE GREAT PHANTOM, REFUSE TO REFER TO YOU WITH SUCH A NAME! WE SHALL COME UP WITH A BETTER NAME THEN A SIMPLE NUMBER!"

I... Didn't know what to think about that. That had been my name for centuries, and now they wanna give me a new one...? "... Sure, I guess...?" If it gets them to not tell anyone about me, then they could call me fluffles for all I care. I silently watched as the duo chattered away, trying to come up with a name for me that they could both agree on.

How did this become my life? I'm waiting for two ghosts to give me a name while hoping they don't mention me to their living partners. Seriously, how did I go from doing my chores and practicing with my shadows magic to having such a busy schedule that I literally have no time to relieve any of my stress?

Well, technically, I do have free time. I'm just choosing to take care of the gang, which is causing me to not have any free time. I could easily just stop if I wanted to, but I don't want to. I choose to take care of the boys, and nothing will stop me from continuing to do so. Even if it means eventually being found out by Nightmare.

As the duo had their little debate, I decided to go put the book I was reading away. I was done with it, and the duo were preoccupied anyway, so what's the harm? I picked out another book, this one about souls. More specifically, unstable souls. I meant it when I said I wanted to find a way to take care of all of my charges. That includes Xara and Phantom.

When I got back, they were both still debating. Since they were busy, I decided to sit back on my chair to read the book. I ended up zoning them out as I focused on my book, which was actually pretty interesting. It wasn't until it got suspiciously quiet that I looked up and saw them both looking at me.

"Is there something you needed...? Or are you just staring at me." Like a couple of creeps, but I didn't want them pissed off at me, so I kept that to myself. "You weren't listening to us at all, were you?" I shrugged, guilty as charged. They were taking too long so of course I wasn't listening. "WELL IT DOESN'T MATTER! WE HAVE DECIDED YOUR NEW NAME! AND IT IS....."
__________

? Talking

Xara Talking

PHANTOM TALKING
__________

HAHAHA! Cliff hanger >:] so, thoughts?