Break up (Part 2)

"I-I don't know what I did Ni. He was so angry and he just left." Harry said as he cried into Niall's neck.

"H cmon. You didn't do anything. He probably just got fed up with management and left without thinking. He'll be back in no time." Niall said trying to comfort his friend that had called him crying 30 minutes prior begging him to come over.

"N-no this was different. He hates me." Harry's sobs had turned into quiet hiccups and whimpers.

"No H. Zayn's probably talking some sense into him right now if he didn't pass out already. Come on just try and get some sleep, I'll stay here tonight." Harry nodded and laid down on the couch.

Meanwhile with Louis
"Louis what the fuck happened?" Zayn shouted at Louis who had woken up when they got to the house,  already feeling the headache he was sure going to have the next morning.

"Zayn I didn't have a choice." Louis whispered rubbing at his head. He knew Zayn wouldn't understand, but he really didn't. He would do anything to go back in time and not see Harry's heart break when he said those words. But this was for Harry's own good.

"You didn't have a choice? You mean you didn't have a choice to not break up with your boyfriend of 5 years?" Zayn said, pacing the room at how angry he was. When Louis didn't say anything in response he just scoffed. He decided getting angry maybe wasn't the best approach.

"Lou just tell me what happened. It won't leave this room I swear." Zayn said sitting down next to Louis putting his arm around his shoulders.

"They're gonna give him another stunt. Unless I broke up with him. Cause me and him can't be single at the same time or some shit. So it was either I break up with him or we stay together and I have to see my boyfriend come home crying every night." Louis said, his voice cracking midway through the sentence. He felt Zayn pull him into a hug and he wrapped his arms around him in return.

Zayn didn't say anything for a couple minutes, just letting Louis calm down a bit before he spoke up.

"Lou I get it. You don't wanna see him hurt. But don't you think he should have been included in that decision? This is about him now. You can't just shut him out because you don't wanna see him hurt. And I'm not saying this to make you feel bad but what you did tonight, that's probably his worst nightmare. Because I know he would rather have any stunt than lose you, and you would do the same for him." Louis was sobbing again, drunkenly murmuring "oh god" over and over again.

"His face Z. He was so hurt. H-he came home so excited to tell me something and I didn't even let him talk I just shut him out. And then I-" Louis was cut off by Zayn shaking his head and grabbing his shoulders.

"Lou stop. Listen you need to go to sleep now. And tomorrow you're gonna go talk to him and sort this out. Be honest with him. And if I get a drunk call from you again don't think I'm coming to pick your ass up again." Zayn said with a little chuckle trying to lighten up the mood. Louis half smiled and nodded.

"Cmon I'll help you to the guest room." Zayn offered since there was no way Louis could walk there. Louis nodded and went.

The next morning
"Fuck." Louis whispered as he woke up rubbing at his head. He didn't dare to move cause if he knew if he did he would need to rush to the bathroom.

"How you feeling Lou? Ni called me this morning and told me what happened." Liam said as he entered the room and sat next to Louis on the bed.

"Is he ok?" Louis ignored the question and asked his own that had been on his mind the moment since he left.

"He's upset Lou. Ni said he barely slept. You're gonna talk to him right?" Louis cringed at the thought of Harry upset, because of him. He nodded and made a move to sit up which was assisted by Liam's hand on his arm.

"Can you drive me home?" Louis asked and Liam swears he's never seen his mate this broken. He nodded and left the room.

Louis was anxiously picking at his nails in the car. What could he even say to make this better? Even if he was honest with Harry about why they had to break up it still wouldn't excuse the things he said to him. He called him helpless, annoying, clingy, he couldn't take those things back. And knowing Harry he was never going to forget those things even if he said he had.

"Let me know what happens. Everything's gonna be fine. It's Harry you know he'll understand in a heartbeat." Louis wanted to say that wasn't the point, that he knows Harry will understand but it still won't erase the heartbreak Louis put him through. But instead he just nodded and smiled at Liam before exiting the car and slowly, very slowly, walking to his and Harry's house.

He pulled his keys out of his pocket and unlocked the door. He opened the door and immediately felt home, probably because of those vanilla scented candles Harry loved ever since they had started dating.

He looked over and cringed at all the beer bottles that were piled by the recycling, them only reminding him of the night before. He shook his head and took a deep breath, making his way towards him and Harry's bedroom, assuming that's where Harry would be.

"H, are you in there?" Louis said as he knocked on their locked bedroom door. He heard a shuffling noise, which was Harry probably being shocked that Louis had come back.

" Come on love, open the door. It's me yeah?" Louis debates on using the pet name but he wanted Harry to know that he was in no way mad at him, cause he knew that's exactly what Harry was thinking.

He heard a sniffle and then footsteps coming towards the door, eventually opening it. He wanted to smile at Harry, but he couldn't. Not when he saw the red stains around his eyes, and the pillow of tissues on their bed. Instead he felt his own eyes getting teary.

"Baby." He whispered.

That made Harry break which only made Louis grab him and hold him as close to his chest as he could.

"Lou." Harry whispered as he cried into Louis' neck, grabbing at his back.

"Im here my love, I'm here, I promise.