004 | The only way out

(Now)
April sat in the dirt, the same spot all night. She wasn't herself anymore her body had been taken by a man a stupid fat man. His blood was still on the girls face.

Her and Carl were the only two people not talking, they both experienced what happened only they can understand. Lori kept close to Carl, The girl had Daryl's coat on her shoulders. No one was talking to her and no one dared to touch her.

Everyone started standing so April followed even though she didn't know where they were headed she still followed. The girl walked at the back of the group not wanted to meet anyone new.

Carl stopped walking and waited for the red head to catch up, "hey uh how you holdin' up?" He reached to touch her shoulder but the girl inched away.

"I-I'm fine"
"Wanna y'know walk together" He had a goofy smile on his face making her feel safe.
"Sure" April smiled at him back.
"I'm sorry about what happened, I feel like it's my fault"
"Don't feel like that"
"I got out of the car I left you all alone, you had no choice"
"It was my decision to get out I could have left you guys"
"But you didn't"
"I didnt"

The group stopped walking, they seemed to be looking at something. Carl pushed through the group to see a deer. "Holy shit, A get up here" April was the only one whose name started with an A. "M-me?"
"Yeah up here"
"Where'd you get that nickname from" She snuck through everyone to see the deer. "I've never seen one of these before"
"Pretty cool huh?"
"Yeah it's cool". April started in amazement at the animal. "Carl let's go" Rick came up and motioned for Carl to follow. She knew they were gonna kill the deer.

As soon as they approached the deer it ran. But they needed food so Shane ran after the deer with Carl and Rick trailing behind him.

April watched them run off, The rest of the group stayed behind and just chatted. The girl didn't know what to do, no one was talking to her. So she just waited for Carl to come back.

About an hour has passed the boys still hadn't come back. Until they all heard yelling. "LORI! LORI!" Shane was yelling as he was running towards us. "What?" She asked quickly. "Carl was shot".

Everybody fell silent while Lori started to cry. Shane explained he had been taken up to a farm nearby. Just like that Lori insisted to be taken to Carl. The girl tried to walk with her but Shane stopped her. "Only Lori kid"
"Are you serious?"
"Yes now get back". April rolled her eyes and just kept walking. Shane was visibly annoyed but knew he couldn't stop her.

The three of them walked up to the farm house, an old man walked out of the door and greeted us "you must be Lori" His voice was deep. Lori rushed inside with April trailing behind her. Carl was laying in a bed even with gauze covering his gunshot wound there was still blood all over his shirt, his mom ran up to him and immediately locked hands with the boy.

Later that day the rest of the group strolled up to the farm house. She sat on a chair when there were knocks on the door. It turned out to be Hershel. April got up and exited the room so they could talk. Everyone was smushed in the living room waiting in anticipation.

Once she walked in and sat everyone looked at her. Glenn was the first to speak up "So what's going on in there." She was surprised by the question. "I don't know." It wasn't the question he asked it was the fact he asked her.

They all sat in suspense waiting for Rick or Lori to come out. Even though they were staring at the door no one came out. For hours it was like that, legs bouncing, people biting their nails, finger tapping, sitting on the edge of their seats.

Then the old man that greeted us outside stepped out. "Is there an April out here?". The girl stood up. "Yes, I'm April."
"He's asking for you." By he's she knew he meant Carl, April stepped into the room and Carl had woken up.

"Hey" She said down beside him and placed her hand on his. Carl was cold April knew that meant something. He seemed to want to talk, but he couldn't so she just sat in there with him until the sun started setting.

April had ended up falling asleep in her chair beside Carl. She woke up to Rick shaking her. Rick told her to come into the kitchen. Everyone was gathered around the table. They both sat down and it looked like she was being interviewed. "So your names April right?" Glenn asked. She nodded. "Where are your parents?" This time Daryl spoke. "My mom died of cancer a year before this and my dad's also dead". No one seemed to care they just looked at each other then asked another question.

"When were you born?"
"September"
"How old are you"
"13"
"How many walkers have you killed?"
"Uh around 15"
"How many people have you killed?" She was shocked by this one every other question seemed normal this one was different.
"Uh none, I've never killed a person."

Everyone's mouths dropped open, April thought that it was a good answer. Maybe not.

__________________________________
CORAL!
Jkjkjk anyways loved writing this chapter can't wait to write the next one.
Gonna try to make my chapters longer so there not boring.

Please vote for the next chapter and don't be a silent reader 💗💗