𝟬𝟭𝟬 - 𝗗𝗔𝗡𝗖𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗗𝗦 𝗧𝗜𝗘𝗗

❝𝘐'𝘮 𝘢 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐'𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥❞

𝗝𝗨𝗟𝗬 𝟰𝗧𝗛 , 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯
𝗟𝗢𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗦 , 𝗖𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗔
𝟮:𝟭𝟭 𝗣𝗠

Independence Day. It was the Fourth of July, a holiday Tatum loved solely for the fireworks—and alcohol, but she would never admit that.

Every year Tatum and her friends would light fireworks themselves, it was amusing to say the least. Alexa and Hunter would tell everyone they were lighting them wrong, Zendaya and Maude got too scared to light any, Sydney went ballistic with the fireworks, Tatum always got black out drunk and Barbie basically had to babysit her.

Lucy on the other hand just got together with some friends and watched the professionals set off the fireworks. It was a small get together with a handful of friends. They would go to the beach and stop by In N Out afterwards, though some would leave to go watch fireworks with their families so they went with whoever remained.

Lucy insisted Tatum spend the Fourth of July with her friends like she normally did, but Tatum wanted to spend it with Lucy and her friends instead. Tatum's Euphoria costars had already met Lucy, which in turn made Tatum want to meet Lucy's friends.

"Are you ready yet?" Lucy shouted from the front door, "We're gonna be the last ones there! You had plenty of time to get ready before I picked you up!"

"I need to wear something that makes me look hot"

"You look hot in anything you wear! You can literally be dressed like a homeless person and you'd still look gorgeous"

Tatum walked out of the bathroom in a yellow bikini top and denim shorts.

The two were one of the first people to arrive at the beach, as of now it was just the two bands—MUNA and Boygenius—with their partners. Naomi had fallen asleep so Katie and Jo took it upon themselves to bury Naomi in the sand. Tatum on the other hand was laying back on a beach chair drinking a beer. It was almost comforting to the actress, she was surrounded by complete strangers, the only familiar thing about today was the fact that there was alcohol. It took 1-2 drinks for Tatum to be able to strike a conversation with anyone that wasn't Lucy.

When the sun began to set, that's when some people went their separate ways, leaving only the two bands. It wasn't unusual for them to be the only ones left, they almost always watched the fireworks together.

"You ready to leave?" Lucy pulled on her hoodie as she walked into her bedroom, only to see Tatum sprawled out on her bed. "Never mind"

"I'm not asleep" Tatum mumbled, turning on her back. "I'm- I'm ready"

"Tate, baby," Lucy sat at the foot of the bed, "I watched you down like five beers in the span of an hour, there is no way you're sober enough for fireworks"

"No, I'm-" Tatum tried to stand but nearly fell over trying to do so. "I'm fine, I'm sober"

"We can skip the fireworks and just relax, it's okay"

"No!" Tatum snapped, using the dresser as support, "You're not skipping out on the fireworks because I drunk and nervous!" She slid down the dresser and put her head in between her knees. "I'm sorry," She said between sobs, "I'm sorry I'm such a mess"

"Tate," Lucy knelt down in front of Tatum, lifting her head up, "It's okay, I don't care if you are a mess, I love you and that's never gonna change. I could care less about missing some dumb fireworks, all I want is to be with you"

"I'm sorry,"

"Stop that, stop apologizing" Lucy wiped her tears away, "I'll tell the others to just go ahead with out us, okay?" Tatum nodded and Lucy reached for her phone.

𝗚𝗮𝘆 & 𝗧𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗱
𝖯𝗁𝗈𝖾𝖻𝖾𝖩𝗎𝗅𝗂𝖾𝗇 𝖫𝗎𝖼𝗒

𝗟𝘂𝗰𝘆
Think Tate and I are gonna stay at my place
She's not feeling well

𝗝𝘂𝗹𝗶𝗲𝗻
Is she drunk?
I saw her down like seven beers

𝗟𝘂𝗰𝘆
Yeah
Apparently she was nervous and alcohol
helps her to not be so nervous

𝗣𝗵𝗼𝗲𝗯𝗲
I'm not an expert on anything but
relying on beer for things like that isn't
a good thing

𝗝𝘂𝗹𝗶𝗲𝗻
Yeah, I'm with Phoebe on this one
Does she do that a lot?

𝗟𝘂𝗰𝘆
I don't know, we don't really go out that often

𝗣𝗵𝗼𝗲𝗯𝗲
Seriously?

𝗟𝘂𝗰𝘆
Tate hates crowds,
she'll have a panic attack
Which is why we don't go out that often

𝗝𝘂𝗹𝗶𝗲𝗻
Makes sense

𝗣𝗵𝗼𝗲𝗯𝗲
Fireworks are about to start
We'll talk to you later, Luce

The singer put her phone away and sat beside Tatum, who immediately laid her head in Lucy's lap.

"I'm sorry" Tatum repeated.

"I'm here because I want to, not because I feel like I need to" Lucy ran her fingers through Tatum's blonde hair, "Anywhere you are I wanna be, I love you, I love you and that's never gonna change, you have to understand that"

"Thanks you," Tatum said between sobs, "I love you"

𝗔/𝗡:
just finished my college application....im not ready for college. im not ready to be treated like an adult. im 16 im still a child. gonna go walk off a bridge now