𝟬𝟬𝟲 - 𝗖𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗜𝗧 𝗪𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗪𝗔𝗡𝗧

❝𝘛𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘩, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘐 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵❞

𝗠𝗔𝗬 𝟭𝟬𝗧𝗛 , 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯
𝗟𝗢𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗦 , 𝗖𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗔
𝟭𝟬:𝟯𝟵 𝗔𝗠

Tatum had flown back to L.A once she had heard about Ally, her agent, booking her an audition to The Killers Game, her all time favorite novel. Her audition was for Mairi Clark, the protagonist in the book and also a character teenage—and adult—Tatum connected with.

Tatum's audition wasn't for another two days, which meant she had time to kill, and she could only think of doing that with one person.

Tatum opened her contacts and clicked on Lucy's name.

"Tatum, hey," Lucy greeted, "I didn't expect to get a call from you this early"

"I couldn't sleep," Tatum said, "I actually wanted to ask if your busy later"

"Not really, why?"

"Do you want to do something later?" Tatum could feel her heart beating in her throat, she had no clue as to why all of a sudden she was nervous. Tatum was either extremely comfortable or extremely nervous around Lucy, and the answer as to why was a mystery.

"Yeah, I'm free around 3pm" Lucy answered, "Did you have something planned?"

Tatum hadn't thought that far ahead. "Uh, no. I haven't figured that out yet"

Lucy let out a laugh, "Okay, what do you like?"

"Uh,"

"Actually, don't tell me, let me surprise you"

"Alright, okay" Tatum agreed, "Time to see how well you know me, Dacus"

The call ended and Tatum flopped back down in bed, wondering how the conversation went from her asking Lucy to hang out to Lucy planning the whole thing.

Lucy hadn't told Tatum a single thing about what she had planned, Lucy just told her to come by her house.

Tatum finally arrived at the singers house and rang the door bell. The door swung open after a minute so.

"Pajamas?"

"Witch pjs" Lucy corrected, stepping aside for Tatum to enter.

Lucy dragged the blonde up to her room.

"Holy shit," Tatum turned to Lucy, "You built me a fort"

"I remember you saying you hate crowds, so I thought we'd have a movie night here"

It was strange but Tatum couldn't help the butterfly sensation in her stomach, no had ever built her a fort, let alone accommodate for her resentment of crowds.

"Thank you, no one's ever done this for me"

"Build you a fort?" Lucy questioned.

"No, well yeah but- I'm always dragged out into the crowds, not away from them"

"I'm not gonna take you somewhere you'll hate. Come on," Lucy took Tatum inside the blanket fort, "What's your favorite show?"

"I don't have one"

"Favorite movie?"

"The Conjuring"

Lucy grabbed her laptop and searched for The Conjuring on HBO, "You are a psycho if that's your favorite movie" She placed the laptop in front of the two after clicking on the movie.

"I'm a psycho with taste"

The girls laid back on a pile of pillows Lucy had thrown into the fort.

It had come to that part in the movie where the evil entity of Bathsheba is revealed, a part that always scared Tatum despite her knowing the movie by heart. The actress buried her face in Lucy's shoulder, not realizing their fingers were intertwined.

Lucy reached forward and paused the movie, "Let's watch something else"

"It wasn't even that scary, come on!" Tatum protested, holding Lucy's arm back from clicking off.

"You literally jump at the slightest sound"

Tatum finally caved and let Lucy choose another movie. "What about Grey's Anatomy?"

"You're the boss"

Lucy continued the episode she had stopped at, which just so happened to be two episodes before the plane crash. Lucy took the joy of summing up that last few seasons for Tatum so that she could understand.

"So those two are super in love with each other but they're not together?"

"Yup"

"That's stupid. Can Mark just drop that hoe he's dating and get with Lexie already?"

Lucy let out a laugh—more of a snort—at Tatum's impatience. Tatum had been watching Grey's Anatomy for an entire 4 minutes yet she was more into the show than Lucy had ever been.

The episode had finished and Tatum was curled up beside Lucy sound asleep. Lucy brushed a lock of blonde hair out of Tatum's face, even sleeping Tatum looked flawless, something that Lucy wouldn't ever notice, but it was different with Tatum. Lucy noticed the small things, things the average person wouldn't ever notice, but Lucy did.

The last time Lucy bothered to care this much about someone was when she met Julien and Phoebe, but Lucy knew this wasn't a platonic type of love. The sudden realization that she was in love with Tatum nearly killed her, being in love with a straight girl wasn't exactly what she had planned.

"Fuck," Lucy muttered.

𝗔/𝗡:
sorry this chapter went up so late writers block is a huge bitch
also I no longer feel like dying so chapters are back to being randomly posted
I hate the writing for this chapter but I could not be bothered to try to make it better
by the way The Killers Game is an original book idea I had, it is not an actual book/movie that exists