23| He's Mine

"king do you want to go upstairs with mama?" I pat his head and he barks altering Dari's minions

"king do you want to go upstairs with mama?" I pat his head and he barks altering Dari's minions. I give them a sheepish grin and glare towards King who was now waggling his tail.

I take his leash from Marcus and start walking upstairs. As I watch the people dancing and drinking. That's when my eyes land on dari who stood leaning against the bar with a glass of rum in his hand. His stormy grey eyes were fixated on me and he had a smirk dancing on his plump lips.

I can never get enough of his beauty , The white scar which runs along his eyebrow looked extremely hot, specially when he arched his eyebrow at me. He smirked even more when I run into the pillar at the top of the stairs. Dari nods at me gesturing to ask if I was fine. I gave him a thumbs up and hid my embarassed face.
Why must I always embarass myself.

I change into my lilac satin pjs and remove king's leash from him. My poor kid must be exhausted. I sit on the couch with a bag of chips in my hand. King silently comes and rests his head on my lap as I stroke him to sleep while I watch 'the corpse bride'.
I love that movie so much. I cry everytime I watch it.

After about two hours, the music stopped and the voices from downstairs were becoming more and more faint. I decide to go and check if the event was over.

When I looked down at King, I found his asleep. I smile at him and peck his forehead as I get up extremely carefully as I didn't want to wake him up. Turning the television off, I grab king's blanket and cover king with it.
Dari's dog also has his own blanket. I hope I become a dog in my next life.

I clutch my hair in a bun and waddle towards the stairs. As I reach the top of the stairs, I find the hall empty. Everyone had already left and only Dari's minions were left. As I look around, I find Dari standing near the counter with a girl. I couldn't see her face but she was dressed in a red dress. Her golden hair reached her shoulders and she had her back against me.

"Dari?" I call out as I start walking down the stairs. I didn't have my slippers on so I looked down from time to time just to make sure I don't step on anything. My husband immediately turns towards me and gulps. Is he okay?

I reach him and that's when I see her face. Emily or Erica, whoever she was. She was beautiful. Her lips were the darkest shade of red, her brown eyes were fixated on Dari and were filled with tears. Her mascara was slightly scattered. I frown and hand her a tissue from the counter.

"Your um.... mascara" She clenched her jaw and snatched the tissue from my hands. Her acrylic nails almost slicing my hands into seperate parts. Ow.

"You still awake, little wife?" Dari wrapped his large arms around my waist and rubbed my sides. I sigh at the warm comfort and shift a little towards him.