Chapter 2

You wrong me my dear, Judson chuckled.

'I am not taking anything out of this bottle I am merely putting a little kick into it.' His closed hand opened and he put upon the table two tiny white pellets as he started to uncork the whisky.

Ruby's eyes narrowed as she watched him. She had learnt to dread that tone of his voice, it was the tone used when he was planning to put something over in a business deal.

"Once it happened when Judson's business partner Adrian Garfield cheated and took 75% of the profit which actually belonged to Judson.
Judson was furious and threw Adrian out of the company. Nobody could talk over his words. His words are the last words in the company. Now Judson has a new business partner, named Laysla De Oliveira. She is a year and two younger than Judson. She has a daughter who is probably 7 or 8 years old. Her husband is a very famous surgeon named, Jonathan Oliveira. Laysla is a very famous model and a trustworthy business partner as of I heard from my husband."Ruby exclaimed.

Judson spoke,"whoever broke into my closet last winter and stole my liquor will provide the try to get once we are out of here, only this time he'll wish he hadn't."He smirked.

Ruby caught her breath at the cruel vindictiveness of his manor as one by one it drop the tablets into the bottle and held it up to watch them dissolve.

What are they? Ruby exclaimed. Something to make him sick?

And how! He seemed fascinated as he saw the genial Bourbon change into a lethal dose.

At least no one has found in antidote once it's down it's curtains. He got his bottle vengeance and set it back on the shelf alongside the little whisky glasses.

Everything nice and handy, he remarked approvingly.

Now, Mr thief when you break in drink hearty I want begrudge you this one. Judson laughed. 

The women's face was pale.

Don't do it. She gasped. It's horrible it's a murder.

The law doesn't call it murder if I shoot a thief is entering my house by force. Also the use of rat poison is quiet legal. The only way any rat can get into this closet is to break in what happens then is his affair, not mine.

No! Ruby begged.
The law doesn't punish burglarly by death so what right have you?

When it comes to protecting my property I make my own laws.

You know it well my darling wife.

Don't you remember last year when Henry and his wife Zara tried  to take over our company. And now Henry is it dead and his poor wife Zara is alone with their small little son who is just 3 years old. Poor boy with no father.

Oh my god Judson! How can you? Are you heartless? Ruby asked.

Oh my dear wife, you don't know anything about law. When someone tries to take my property I make new laws for them. I can kill everybody who tries to touch my property. Don't you worry I won't harm you my darling.

Ruby exclaimed. We won't be here till next spring. I can't bear to think of that that trap waiting there all the time. Suppose something happens to US and no one knows.

He chuckled once more at her words. We'll take a chance on that I have made my pile by taking chances if I should die you can do as you please. The stuff will be yours my dear.

Judson traced Ruby face by his left hand.

It was useless to argue, she knew. He had always been ruthless in business and whenever anything crossed him. Things had to be done his way. She turn towards the outer door with the sigh of defeat.

______________________________________