Sol's boots grinded against the street and she was forced to halt in her sprint. She barely had a moment to stop herself from colliding with the figure who had dropped from the roof of a short rise building. Her shoulders heaved from her previous chase and heavy pants sounded from her nostrils. It had been a while since Sol had needed to run for her life, and after giving birth to twins, she had lost some of her physical fitness. 

The storm troopers arrived at the fence behind her, and they worked on climbing its wall while Sol was distracted by the new, dark presence.

His Force flame was red with a black middle. Just like on Hoth, Darth Vader was intense in his aura and his towering figure made Sol's knees tremble. With the black helmet over his features and the chilling breathing sounding from the ventilation, Darth Vader rose from his landing and blocked Sol from reaching the street behind me. 

'You have evaded me long enough, Sol,' he said, the eyes of his mask centring on the retreating Jedi. 'I have searched every system for you, and now, after all these years, I have found you at last.' 

In the Resistance base, Sol had struggled to find her words. The teasing boy who had been her safe space in the Order had become something so menacing and evil that Sol couldn't believe that Anakin lay underneath the black leather suit. This was their second exchange, and Sol didn't feel any less stunned to see how the dark side had warped the loving, passionate Skywalker that had once wanted a peaceful life away from war and destruction.

'You can come quietly, but-' Sol hadn't noticed that he had his lightsaber clenched in his gloved hand until its red blade was ignited. '-I know how stubborn you are.' 

Sol's hand went underneath her poncho and she grabbed the silver cannister from her belt. She didn't know why, but when she ignited her lightsaber, she thought of Luke and Leia. They were back on Coruscant unknowing of Sol's ventures and were unaware of the fact that she was about to battle their father. 

If she was captured now, Sol might not ever see them again. If it meant that they remained on Tatooine, hidden and safe, for the rest of their lives not knowing what happened to their mother, then Sol would fight to the very end. Sol left Tatooine to protect them, and while in Obi-wan's care, their father would be none-the-wiser to their existence. She didn't regret leaving them, but it hurt to think that she would never hear Leia's wit, or see Luke's wide grin again.

'I spent years refusing to believe that you could become like this, Anakin,' Sol said, forcing her voice through the restraining pull in her chest. 'But I was naïve-'

'Do not use that foul name. That name belonged to a Jedi who was weak and pathetic,' Vader spat, and Sol jumped when he started advancing towards her. 'I am no Jedi! The dark side is at my hand!'

The woman brought her lightsaber up and blocked the red blade that came crashing down from above. Vader's advance made it so that Sol was able to see Vader up close, and the reflection of his red lightsaber beamed off the black metal of his mask. Her arms ached at the strength at which the man pushed his blade against hers, and Sol's back began to arch. With clenched teeth and wide eyes, Sol was already being overpowered by Darth Vader with one single attack. 

'Surrender, Sol. You were no match for me before, and you are no match for me now. I am more powerful than you could ever hope to understand,' Vader seethed.

Sol's back was on fire. If she attempted to pull her blade away to swing from the side, the Sith's blade would continue in its path that would burn through her flesh. The darkness that oozed from his signature was toxic and Sol could barely feel the orange that once warmed her soul. Vader's arms were strong in their hold of his weapon and the buzz from their connected lightsabers was millimetres from the tip of Sol's nose.