𝟷. 𝚀𝚄𝙰𝙲𝙺 𝙰𝚃𝚃𝙰𝙲𝙺𝚂 𝙱𝙰𝙲𝙺

Ever since Pee Wee championship I've been flying high. I mean I was a dorky little girl who was terrified to ask to use the bathroom, to someone who has no problem punching someone in the face if need be. I became confident, I didn't worry about what people thought of me, I was free. That also if Fulton heard anyone bullying me they'd most likely be dead so yeah.
I always liked hockey, it's especially fun for me since I can do these astounding tricks and be surprisingly fast.

One fateful day, June 23rd actually; I was sitting in my room drawing me, the first girl to win the Stanley Cup while listening to Shout by Tears for Fears. My Walkman hung from my jeans.

(𝙵𝚞𝚗 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚝, 𝚒 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚒𝚝 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚏 𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚗𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝)

The tape was going to the next song when I heard the duck call. I stopped the music and looked out to see none other than Coach Bombay.
"Y/n! GET YOUR GEAR ON AND MEET ME AT CHARLIES!" He yelled rushing off the the Conways. Without any hesitation I grabbed my
f/c knee, elbow, and wrist pads and strapped them on. I looked at my helmet, contemplated for a sec and grabbed it. I got my roller blades on and skated to the Conways to see Charlie coming out with his duck jersey. Damn it I should've worn mine I thought.

"Ok you two, round up the troops. Welcome back captains." Bombay saluted us and we dashed off to go grab our teammates. First off was Les Averman who was selling movie tickets at the theater in Mall of America. Charlie blew the whistle and he looked up.
"Averman let's go!" I yelled. He gave me a look that said why now? He eventually gave in and got his stuff on. Jesse was next since he was the closest, we didn't have to wait since he was already in his gear.
Connie and Guy were easy to find, they have a spot when they want to be alone, of course we had to intervene. We blew the whistle and Connie turned and told Guy to come on.

"I was this close!" He yelled showing how close he was to kissing Connie. When she got up next to me she has the biggest smile.
"So did you kiss before this?" I asked excitedly. By the way her face dropped I knew nothing happened.
"It'll happen soon."
"I know but ugh I just want to kiss him and I don't know why."
"I do." I say raising my hand.
"It's because you loooooooove him." I exaggerated.
"You done with the girl talk yet?" Averman asked laughing.

"When can I kill him again?"

I asked making a semi fist; I couldn't close it fully cause the guards. Connie grabbed my hand and we skated ahead of the boys to grab Goldberg and Adam. The team skates along the bridge, and I will say caused some damage but that's ok, I think, we're kids were living life. We started skated by the park and I heard grunting, Fulton Reed, my brother. He was pantsing the other kids who made fun of us just cause we beat them last year in Pee Wees.
"That'll teach him to mess with the ducks! Yeah!!" He announced as we all clapped. He skated over next to me on the right since Charlie was on my left.

"How's my baby sister?" He asked in a condescending tone.
"I'll rip your face off." I laughed. It's our relationship in a nutshell, love him to death and would die for him, but I would rip his face off. Worst part is, he's only older by 10 minutes! We skated down to this huge area by the street and saw Bombay. He greeted us with a team hug as everyone chanted "DUCKS!"

"Hey ducks welcome back I missed you guys. You ready to fly?" We all cheer. We let go of Bombay as we hear a car stopping. I turn around to see a limo and the horn being honked.
"Who's in there?" Connie asked getting ready to fight. A man
"Hey guys I'm Don Tibbles, Hendrix Hockey Apparel. We're your official sponsor, anybody want a card?" They all skated over to the Limo except me.

"How you doin Miss Y/n?" Bombay questioned turning to me.
"I'm fine, just you know parents are away on business so it's just been me and Fulton for the past few days, they're gone for a stupid amount of time this time."
"Oh. Do you guys need anything?"
"No, Dad gave us his credit card for anything we need like to pay the bills, food, clothes if it comes down to it."
"Ah."
"I've been meaning to tell you, I've been drawing up some new plays I want to show you."
"Can't wait to see them." Mr. Tibbles called Bombay after told me. He went into the limo as everyone else circled it like the first time we met Bombay.

About 10 minutes of standing around Bombay came out again.
"Kids, you are now Team USA, for the JR. Olympic Goodwill games!"  The news hit us by storm as an euription of applause came.
Fulton and I skated home after that.
"Don't you think there's something off about that Tibbles guy? Who has the last name Tibbles?" I asked in annoyance as I opened the door.
"I don't know, someone who has a sucky last name." Fulton replied as we stepped in and started to get our stuff off.
The landline started ringing and heard it say
"Call from, Liliana Reed." It was a race to the phone to pick it up. Fulton won this time but eh that's ok, he grabbed the phone and put it on speaker.

"Hey kiddos, your dad and I just heard the news, Team USA! That's fantastic."
"Thanks mom." We say in unison.
"Are you and dad coming to watch us? It's gonna be in LA and you guys are in Beverly Hills!" I ask hopeful.
"I'm sorry honey, but we aren't going to be able to make it. When Coach Bombay told us the day you guys were flying out to LA that's when we're flying to Manhattan to visit grandma. I promise we're gonna try the hardest we can to make it to at least a game." I held my head low. Fulton said goodbye for us and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. The beep indicated the phone was hung up.

"I- I'm sorry Y/n. I wish they could be there too." I shrugged.
"It's ok, they can't control it." I say leaning into him.
"What do you want for dinner?"
"Celebratory pizza?" I smiled and grabbed the phone to order. I mean yes I was pissed off they couldn't come but, I know they are trying and will be there in spirit.