CHAPTER 2: The storm after heavy rain

Start from the beginning

"If I try to remember correctly, you were supposed to buy me lunch remember..? but here you are. I wanted to guess that pain will help you remember that you can't even hold a book or a pen for the rest of the day. Now...can we get back to doing business..?"

"You're fucking crazy..!! What makes you think I will do whatever an asshole like you says I should do..? You're out of your mind if you think agreed to it.!!"

"Be careful Xiao Zhan, you don't wanna make me angrier that I am at this moment. So if you do not want to see what I'm really capable of then I suggest you stand up, go buy me lunch right now.!"

Zhan didn't want to stand up but then again Yeong's friends forcefully made him stand up and pushed him towards the exit. When Zhan got outside, everyone was looking at him, even his friend was outside, waiting for Zhan to come out as she was scared to go in. Zhan passed her and walked to the cafeteria, he didn't even look at the menu, he just ordered, laid with his money and he left. The aunty who was selling was a good person and extremely kind to Zhan. She gave him a few extra pieces of meat after witnessing how sad Zhan was.

Nobody outside knew what was going on inside the library and even outside, Zhan kept it cool and tried to hide his hands in his pockets .He was successful but when he walked out if the cafeteria with a plate of food in one hand and an orange juice in another, his I juries were seen by everyone. Some students didn't know who had done that to him while some could just guess as he passed by with a straight face. He stood at the door and called out Yeong who was still inside the library to come and take his food.

Because food wasn't allowed in the library, Yeong had to take the food and go eat somewhere else. But he did t want that, he just looked at Zhan and lazily gestured him to come inside with the food. No matter what, Zhan was a rule keeper and he knew it was wrong to step inside the library with food, so...no matter what Yeong did...he just didn't budge. Yeong got so irritated that he stood up and went to the door where Zhan was waiting for him. He stood right infront of him with his one hand in and the other out if his pocket before he slapped Zhan across the face that the orange juice he was holding flew out of his hand and landed on the ground.

It was like Zhan felt no pain when he stared back at him with his nostrils flared up because of how angry he felt. But the reality was that no matter how angry Zhan was, there was nothing he could do to Yeong. His bravery alway made Yeong even more angry, he looked at the food Zhan had in his hand and his face changed like he was sick and about to vomit. He looked at Zhan and back at the plate and laughed out so loud that his laughter caught the attention of the two female professors who were passing by the other side opposite them. But they didn't care to go look what the commotion was all about and what was happening amidst the crowd because they had their hunches.

Not everyone like Yeong, infact...he was feared rather than liked and even his friend didn't fully understand him. The plate Zhan bought with his bus fare money flew across the hallway outside the library as Being flicked it away, feeling disgusted by what Zhan had bought for him making the extra pieces of meat fall further away from them.

"What in the name of disgusting did you buy for me..? No wonder you could afford it. Look..! I don't eat shit like that, I eat good food ...I know you're poor and all that, so why did you think you can afford what I want when you could've asked me to give you money to buy...? Now take this money and go buy me real food for people like me and nit peasant scraps shit.!!"

The was silence for a moment and Zhan looked down feeling humiliated I front of his fellow students from being called poor. He knew he was poor and he didn't have a problem with it because he believed that even though situations like that lasts long, they would eventually get so much better as times goes, that he would be able to afford certain things he needed. But he just felt it was wrong to take someone's situation and laugh about it infront of everyone just because his was totally different .