Chapter 4~ Decisions

"Quail!" Tom called up to a window. "Quail, somecat is here to see you!"
A pretty orange she-cat peeked through the window, and once she saw Thistle, she disappeared again.
"Where'd she go?" Thistle asked his brother.
"She's coming. Just wait." Tom answered, flicking his tail.
Sure enough, the orange she-cat appeared from behind the house, ears pricked in curiosity.
"I think I've seen you before." She meowed when she saw Thistle. "Your name's Thistle, right?"
"Yes..." Thistle began catiously. "But we've never met before. How do you know my name?"
"Tom talks about you a lot. He says he misses you."
"What?" Tom looked embarrassed. "I never said that!"
But Thistle knew his brother well. Tom always acted super tough, but Thistle knew that he had a soft heart.
"So," Quail purred in amusement. "what is it that you need to talk about?"
"I was told by a cat that saved my life that I needed to find you. Tom won't like this, but that cat said that I need help from you. I have to go save a kitten."
Tom was concerned about the idea. He didn't think it was wise to take such a risk with Quail's safety. "What if something happens to her?" He asked. "It would be wrong to take such a chance with her life!"
"Nothing will happen to me." Meanwhile, Quail was intrigued by the idea and was excited about the prospect of going on a great adventure. She was ready to take on the challenge and wanted to make the most of the opportunity.
Finally, after much conversation and arguments, Thistle convinced Tom that Quail was ready for the trip and that nothing was going to happen to her.
"I promise I'll take care of her." Thistle vowed.
"I would like to go." Quail stated.
Tom hung his head. It was obvious now what the answer had to be, so he kept silent.
"Then It's decided." Thistle said. "We leave tomorrow."

Publishing schedule is every Monday.

Bye for now!!!
-Meowlia