[1]: city

I strolled into the grounds of manchester united, old trafford, with a wide grin on my face, like i have done for the past year. 

I'm ria keane, yes my dad is roy keane so i'm naturally a red through and through. Manchester has always been my home, man united even more. I play centre mid/cdm, usually next to one of my closest friends, katie zelem, or next to my other friend nikita parris. 

I love everything about manchester united, I love my friends, especially katie, nikita, maya and ella. We also go out with the mens senior team quite a lot, I'm good friends with lisandro.

I'm also great friends with kobe mainoo, we're 2 of the youngest here, him being 18 and me 17, so it's nice to have a good friendship with him.

I always wear number 6, like my dad did for ireland, however, I'm in the england academy as ireland was too far away since i still go to college and study my a-levels.

Today we play city, one of our biggest rivals. I love playing city, but i love playing Emilie Haaland, my dads biggest rivals daughter. Of course we are big rivals but nothing compared to my dad and alfie.

My eyes scanned over the crowd as they cheered us on to the pitch. The word united was chanted around the stadium. This was a feeling I never get used to, the buzz, the nausea all of it. 

As my team gathered to take the photo, I spotted Emilie looking at me, angrier than usual. im definitly getting fouled today then.

As i was looking over at her, the picture was taken, catching me off guard.

'Great i look shit in that picture' I huffed, handing my warm up shirt to the kit man.

'Same, it's too windy' katie laughed, 'what were you looking at ?' she asked.

'Emilie, she looks angrier than usual, so I would be ready for lots of free kicks.' I groaned.

'She wont do anything, Nikita will have her' she chuckled. 'well thats if you dont first'

'yeah' I grunted, looking at her angrily.

🔴 commentary will be in italics 🔴

Well here we are, united vs city. kick off is looming, all the players are setting up ready to give it their all.

roy can we expect an interesting battle between enmilie and ria in the middle today?

Well of course, she's my daughter, I think that says enough.

yes well I think it does Roy.

I took a deep breath as the ball was kicked into play, passed to nikita on the right.

I'm playing cdm, right of katie and behind nikita.

adrenaline flooded my body as the ball was passed to me, emilie running straight to me the second it was.

I quickly sent her sideways as I sent my body the opposite way.

I played the ball forward to leah galton, who charged forward.

me and Katie pushed up into the box as the ball was crossed in.

unfortunately no one was able to connect with it and it was instead sent out for a goal kick.

an early chance for united, do you think something should've come from it Roy?

of course I would like something to happen, but it's the first chance and it was a decent one.
if they continue like this, I don't see a problem.