Yeonkai- Internal Battle

Magsimula sa umpisa

"You're-you're moving?" Yeonjun's world begun to stop. The walls seemed to box him in. He couldn't breathe. He grabbed his chest then backed up. He almost tripped when his ankle hit the toilet bowl. "You're moving... wh-when?"

Kai grabbed his shoulders then yanked him into another hug. Yeonjun tried pushing away but he was stronger. "I'm sorry. I really am."

Yeonjun yelled against his chest. "WHEN KAI?!"

"Two weeks. My parents got divorced. It's completely out of my control." Kai stroked his hair while continuing to hold him closely. "I'm worried about you."

"Don't leave..."

"I'm sorry. I really am." Kai wished Yeonjun would tell him everything was going to be fine, even if it was a lie. He wanted assurance the older could be comforted by someone else. That his visions would be manageable after he moved. "Yeonjun?"

The older fell to his knees. He could almost feel the demon behind him. His arms held Kai's legs while his forehead rested on his shin. "...what?"

Kai knelt down to hold him again. "How did you manage before me?"

"I didn't. I just waited until it was over. My therapist gave me a bunch of techniques to try but they don't work."

"I'm still here for two more weeks. It's okay. I'm sorry I can't hang out with you. I'm just really behind on packing."

Yeonjun lifted his head. "I can pack with you!"

"Don't you have a baseball game?"

"Oh. Right... baseball."

Kai pulled him to his feet. He's already missed half of his class and Yeonjun seemed to be doing fine now. Before they parted ways, he pulled a keychain off of his backpack and handed it to him. "Here. You'll still have a piece of me when I go."

Yeonjun stared at the little panda keychain as the younger walked out the door. It was fuzzy. Little bits of thread were hanging off from general wear. The evil version of him stood in the corner. It made slow taunting clicks in his mouth. It said "tick. Tock. Tick. Tock." His time was running out. In two weeks he would be without his source of safety.

The rest of the school day went fine. Yeonjun tried to not think about what Kai told him. His friends kept his mind off of his depression.

After school, Yeonjun was pitching a near perfect game. Batters just couldn't seem to hit anything he served. It seemed like an easy win.

7th inning. He looked to his right and saw the vision again. His evil self stood at first base with a bat in his hand. The bat was decorated with rusty nails. Yeonjun tried to ignore it while it taunted him. "It'll be just like the old times soon. Just me and you. Isn't that exciting?" His other self flipped the bat in his palm then threw it at Yeonjun.

Yeonjun screamed as he ducked. Everyone was looking at him like he was crazy. He stood back up to see his vision cutting himself with a razor blade. It joked "the sweet release of death will free us both. Come on Yeonjun. You know you want to!" A river of blood began to flow from his wrists. The vision walked towards him with the razor blade as an offering. "Free us. FREE US YOU FUCKING COWARD!"

Kai ran onto the pitch as Yeonjun started to cry. The team surrounded the two but Kai pushed them away. He used his jacket to cover the older as they walked out. He whispered "I'm right here. You're with me."

Yeonjun weakly looked up once they were safe in the back seat of Kai's car. "Why are you here? I thought you were packing."

"I took a break to see the great Yeonjun Choi pitch an almost perfect game." Relief washed over Kai when he felt the older smile against his chest. "Is he still there?"