😁Sookai- Tying Loose Ends

Monday morning. It was storming outside. The sky was covered in fat gray clouds. Thunder cracked so loudly, Kai was worried it was going to shatter his windows. If the sound didn't, maybe the harshness of the rain would. All of his lights were off for a reason. He didn't want anyone to know he was home. The lightning outside gave him all the light he needed anyways.

He continued to pack his stuff into his duffle bag. A gun, a 4 inch pocket knife, plenty of amunition and three kunais, all got burried under some cash and clothes. The bag wouldn't quite zip so the large pocket knife went into the inside of his black rain jacket.

Soobin was calling him from a spoofed line. "Kai? You there?"

"Yeah. I'm here."

"You heard didn't you?"

Kai went to check the bathroom to see if he forgot anything. "Didn't have to hear." Thunder cracked again. "SHIT. That's loud. As I was saying, didn't have to hear. Met him earlier."

"It's a shame. I was starting to like it here."

Lightning lit up the bathroom as he dug through his medicine cabinet. A bottle of cyanide and a bottle of pain killers also went into the bag. "That is a shame considering we've managed to hide here for 4 years."

"Whatever Kai. We're packed. Meet you at the next spot?"

"Yes. I'll be there after you two. You know what to do."

"Got it. See you soon."

Kai saw Soobin hung up. The phone went into his other inner pocket. He looked outside and saw it was somehow pouring harder. Less lightning and thunder though. He pulled up his account on the dark web and saw Soobin already started his job. Efficient. That's why he loved working with him. A small list was formed. The list was surely going to get larger by the time he made it to the next city. For now, he had some unfinished business here.

The wind picked up as he stepped outside. It almost blew the hood off of his head before he caught it in time. Kai unlocked his car then began to drive to the west side of town. The rain made it almost impossible to see. Street lights along the edges did little to help. Usually he hated driving with his headlights on. Now it was a necessity.

A couple of chimes went off on his phone as he parked the car. The engine was cut then the headlights went out. He muted the volume and saw the money deposited into the trio's account. An explosion went off into the distance. More money went in. Now it was his turn to finish the deal.

Gang members, who just had their main hideout blown up, were unknowingly running in his direction. Kai grabbed his gun then carved an "k" into the bullet. He only needed one to do the job. Now he just had to wait for his target.

Kai got out of the car and hid in the safety of the trees behind the playground. A whole fleet of footsteps came running in his direction. A dozen people passed. Still not who he needed yet. He patiently waited in the rain for the person he was looking for. Then he saw him. He was the last one out. Kai waited until he was far away before he fired. Like always, even with this horrible wind, he never missed. The guy dropped dead.

The silencer on the gun bought him the extra seconds he needed to make his way back to the car. He slipped in, then started it up. The headlights were killed as he drove away into the darkness.

Yeonjun turned around to notice his boss wasn't following them anymore. He called for help to look around. The body was 100 yards away. A single bullet hole through his skull. He didn't have to find the bullet to know who was responsible for it. In desperation, he grabbed the ring from the body and continued to run. The ring signified the new leader which he rightfully thought he should be. Yeonjun Choi was now the head of the Bloodstone Mafia.