🐮Tyunning- Apprentice

Veterinarian. That was Kai's official position on at his new job. He was told in the interview that he would be a traveling care taker, whatever that means. The interviewer was very vague. She didn't provide many details about the position or the company. Kai was going to say no until he heard the benefits. A free hotel room everywhere they went, his own suite on the train and a starting six figure salary. There had to be a catch. It sounded like a scam. Regardless, he accepted. They gave him a move in date and a hotel reservation. The next phase of his life had officially begun.

Kai settled into his hotel room. He put on a light pink v-neck, light blue skinny jeans and beige airforces. His white lab coat went on next. He took one last look in the mirror to make sure he looked presentable for his first day. Just as he was about to leave, someone knocked on his hotel door. "Just a minute!" He combed his fingers through his hair then opened the door.

The silver haired guy introduced himself. "Hi. You're Kai right?"

"Yes! Are you the person I'll be working for?"

"I am. My name is Taehyun."

Kai was confused. His boss was looking at him like he did something wrong. He glanced at his watch. He wasn't late. Maybe it was his age? It couldn't be his age because Taehyun didn't look that much older than himself. He asked "is everything okay?"

"Everything is fine. I'll be waiting for you downstairs." Taehyun wondered how long this guy would last. No one had stayed longer than a month besides him and he really needed the help. The majority of the people hired only lasted three hours. Based on how naive that guy looked, he guessed one hour before he quit.

Kai came downstairs to see his boss sipping tea in the lobby. He was only up there for three minutes after Taehyun left. It was weird but he figured everyone had their quirks. "Sorry I kept you waiting."

"Don't apologize. You were only up there for three minutes and twenty six seconds."

"Right..." Kai was just trying to be polite. Now it was awkward. "Regardless, I'm still sorry I kept you waiting."

Taehyun set his tea down then walked to the car. The blonde followed him into the back seat. Headphones went in so he didn't have to talk to him. He gave up on getting close to his new prospects years ago. They all left as quickly as they came. It was a lonely life.

Kai scrolled through his phone. He kept glancing at his boss, unsure of whether to try and talk to him or not. He began to wonder if this was why people left so quickly. All of the company reviews from clients were extrodinary. All of the ones from past employees basically said "do not work here!" Maybe Taehyun was why. He decided to follow his lead and put some headphones in. His curiosity heightened when he saw the train station.

The two got out of the car. Taehyun lead the way to the front of the train. They then boarded their private suite.

Kai looked around in awe. He wasn't quite sure where to sit. He felt too poor to be there as his boss motioned for him to sit across the table. An attendant handed them a glass of champagne. She brought out a tray of french bread, butter and cheese next. Little fruits were served on the side with a small honeypot in the middle. The attendant tried to wink at him before she left. Kai was too busy looking at the food to see.

Taehyun drizzled some honey over an apple slice. It was crisp, refreshing and delightfully juicy just like always. He offered an apple slice to the blonde before he ate them all. Kai politely declined. Taehyun noticed he wasn't eating. The blonde just seemed to watch the scenery change from city to countryside. This view wasn't anything new to him so he just kept eating.

Kai saw twin mountains in the vast distance. One of them was double the size of the closer one. His eyes followed the tracks. He realized they were headed straight towards them. He had never seen a mountain in person before. He had actually never left the city before. Nature was just in photographs. That's why he was so interested in the job. It gave him the opportunity to see things he never would've without. The tallest mountain had a snow covered peak. Clouds hung below the white tip. Trees were scattered up and down. He couldn't wait until they were closer.