41. Shivanya's Past

Começar do início

" I can walk Papa remember -- " his father talks over her and says " you are a big girl I know but to Me you will always Be my little one."

" Fast Papa Mumma will see us." She whispers in her father's ears.

" Why , did we do something wrong. " He whispers back.

" I didn't wear the coat she kept on the bed. " She says looking back and forth to make sure her mother is not behind her.

" Why " He asks.

" That was too big I can't even move in that one and others tease Me that I look like a panda in it. " She says biting her tongue in between her teeth her father knows she does this every time she says something that she was not supposed to say or said it by mistake . He opens the passenger door and do the seat belt for her.

" Panda is Cute. " He says after he sits behind the wheel.

" No! Panda is Fat. " She says making her father laugh. Ranveer feels like Shivanya acting weird for the last few months she talks with more maturity and seriousness that according to him is not a good thing she should enjoy her childhood. She is talking less each day , and spending more time in her room which doesn't sit well with him but his wife says that it's normal she is growing up that's it. But for him it feels like she is losing her , she is physically present but her mind is somewhere else.

They both talk about school and the party on their way to the venue. Ranveer liked that the party somehow has cheered up Shivanya's mood. Her father drops her inside the party and goes back home after telling Aditi's parents to take care of his daughter. He knows he should not have said it but he can't help himself looking at the pool outside the glass walls.

Shivanya talked with her friends and even enjoyed the party until Priya and her minions came yep that's what she calls them because they always agree to whatever she says. But this time she royally ignored them while others tried to be on her good side like she was the queen and we all are her subjects. They both were just classmates not friends or enemies until the day , when Shivanya saw her cheating in the final exams and told the teacher right away , Priya kept on denying but the teacher saw the chits in her pencils box and took her to the principal after all Shivanya can't let a cheater takes the first position from her. From then it's almost nine months since Shivanya is on Priya's hit list.

She was getting irritated because of the everyday argument and the worst part was no one spoke against her. There are only a number of times she can complain to the teacher , now she knows that Priya's Father is the Vice Principal of the school her complaints are falling on deaf ears. Even her brother bullied her sometimes but Madhav has handled him even when he was a year older than Madhav. They both didn't tell anyone about it but Madhav didn't know half of the things Shivanya was facing. She is hell bent on losing weight even giving the chapati from her lunch to the cow every chance she gets. Her self confidence was crumbling each day.

Everyone sang the birthday song when Aditi cut the cake and had snacks. She was eating the cake when Priya walked by her side saying.

" Don't eat so much Shivanya do you want to burst out with so much food. " Priya says loud enough for everyone to hear. Everyone giggles at her words. Shivanya knew that she was a bit chubby a fact that she hated and a topic on which Priya loves to taunt her.

" Didn't your mother teach you that you should not comment on people when they eat. " Shivanya glared at her.

" Oh no , but my mother taught Me to keep my diet in check so that I don't become like you. " She always says something that makes Shivanya feel at a loss. She is not an outspoken child and never fought in school but their verbal fights are getting on her nerves recently. She is good in academics , arts and crafts so the only thing Priya found on her was her weight.