Shadow Play

The New Year happened to be terrible to say the least. Spider Queen's attack aside, Wukong found out about Lady Bone Demon coming back, and she was bad news. A really horrible one. She was a threat that his successor wasn't ready for yet. And he himself was in no condition to face her too. But whatever she was plotting, he still had time. And he wasn't really sure that even was her for sure. After all, she was buried by him and sealed by his master centuries ago, so maybe it just was a small part of her.

He needed to find out more.

Yet, at the same time, there was that Macaque, or Mòchóu now, case... His past friend though, wasn't a threat like that Bone Demon, so he could wait. Even if it wasn't easy to not think about the ebony monkey when for the last few days it was the only thing on his mind, poisoning him with old memories and leading him to the edges of his sanity. Yeah, it might be a bit hard to just stop thinking about it now. Especially when he now has a place and time where this shadow of his past is gonna be...

Well maybe he could find some time for it too, when he thinks about it.

Before leaving to look deeper into that LBD case, he decided it wouldn't hurt to drop by the theater first. He had to train MK later that day and tell him about his upcoming 'vacation' too, so he would be around for the day anyway. So he flew fastly to the city, his shitty disguise on, jumped off of Nimbus in an alley close by and walked up to the building.

Wukong furrowed his brows as he looked around the theater with his Gold Vision, and, to his surprise, there was nothing suspicious. Well there were no people yet, it was a bit early. Most citizens were still sleeping at this hour so there weren't many bypassers, but also probably because the place was still closed. He walked up to the entrance looking for numbers to be able to tell, on what hour it opens. It looked like there should be one shadow play at noon and two around the evening. He's so close yet still so far...

It makes his insides turn upside down and squeeze tightly, under all the pressure of the things that he has to do not only today but in the near future. Wukong bit his lip and placed his hand on a poster with two purple shadows of characters "Please, at least let this part not turn into disaster in my hands, dear Buddah..." he murmured, and with a heavy sigh he turned his back on the theater and walked away.

''*★☽☼☾★*''

Sun was high above when Monkey King had finished training MK. It was good, Wukong was actually more focused that day despite having a lot on his head. Maybe it was a way for him to detach from all the problems for at least that one moment or he finally realized he should give the delivery boy some proper training before leaving. Maybe both. Or none.

Then they both went back to the hut. Wukong handed his successor a bottle of weather to hydrate a bit, as he looked around. He thought about how to start the talk about his leaving that day, but he couldn't think of a good start. But before he could really muster at least one word, MK spoke first.

"So, Monkey King, can we talk about something..?" he asked as he shrunk his staff and hid it in own ear, finishing the given drink.

"Well, it depends on the topic." the stone monkey looked at him and grinned "I'm not really good at 'bees and flowers' talk, you should ask Pigsy 'baut that one." he added, watching with amusement his successor's reaction

"NO! NO!" he started waving his hands in the air, slightly panicked at the thought "Gods forbid. It's not about that." he said all red and panicked, he rather not know how the 'bees and flowers' talk looks in mystic monkey view.