Jack once mentioned to Carl that his mother is a doctor, so it's understandable how she could afford such a nice house.

Now it also makes sense why Jack's as smart as he is.

Carl looked around Jack's room and there were a lot of family pictures. Jack's sister, his mother and himself, but there were none with his father on it. Not even in the ones in which Jack looks like a one year old.

There were also a few pictures which seem to be taken more recent. One picture even included that Riley girl and Carl consciously decided that he must start to like taking pictures.

Carl went back to the bed and laid down, looking up at the ceiling. Why does Jack take so fucking long? He started to get impatient.

Someone knocked on the door.

"It's just me." Jack opened the door and smiled.

That must be a good sign, right?

"And?" Carl asked, sitting up straight. His breath was getting uneven from his impatience.

Jack air drums and made a noise as he stopped. "They.... won't sell the house!" Jack was clapping from excitement and Carl wondered how he could end up liking a guy like him. So uncool. "She already talked with her, my mom said she can have the house." Jack was smiling so hard his cheeks were starting to hurt.

Jack took Carl's hand onto his and made him stand up.

Carl smiled with Jack. "So you're staying?" Carl asked. "You're really staying?"

"I am!" Jack said and Carl gave Jack a big hug. Carl never noticed it but Jack really smelled good and he was happy that he'll be able to continue surrounding himself with it.

*

It's been a month since Jack's parents moved to Germany and they still didn't know that Jack's got himself a boyfriend.

Jack didn't know how to tell them because of the distance, so he's waiting until they come back for a visit and can see Carl themselves.

Still, he kind of felt bad to not have introduced Carl to them before they moved.

Jack's sister knows about Carl, they told her and she had a welcoming reaction; she went on to introduce Carl to her knife collection which he thought was so cool.

"You can have this one." she handed Carl a knife and Jack had to hold himself back to not interfere himself.

As hot as Carl looked with that knife, it wasn't a good mixture.

"It's one of my oldest exemplars." she said. "Give it a use when my brother here starts to drive you insane." Ruby winked at Carl who winked back at her with a nod.

Carl went over the knife with his fingers. "It's sharp. Are you sure your brother would be able to stand it?"

Jack loved how they were talking about him like he didn't stand right there in the room with them.

"He's a Carpenter, of course he can." she said and they went on to talk about knifes. Jack couldn't say anything since he never read books about fucking knifes.