Chapter 2: First Day

"Let's go! Let's go!" shouting next to me like we're yards apart, making me stumble upon the main door of our house. like keep it down man, I didn't even get a chance to properly say my goodbyes to my family.

When we had our breakfast earlier. Enjoying the savory smell of the food laid out on the table. Rune can't get enough of the food, he is delighted by the sensational flavor that melts in his mouth. He clears his throat, "Me and Aldric are going to take the bus to University." only a gasp escapes everyone's mouth, with a shocked look on their face. Because this might be the first time Rune Clover would ride a means of public transport.

"No! I'm against that idea!" Grandpa said with a determined voice. Everyone agrees and nods with him. "Grandpa, I think it's time for me to explore. I want to try new things." Even tho this is technically not new for me. The only reason I'm determined to not go with the private luxury car my family insists, it will attract people. As much as I'm used to attention from my previous life, and wanted to flex how rich I am now, that would not be a good idea.

"Public Transport is not bad right Aldric?" I gave him a f*cking go-with-the-flow look. Aldric had a questionable look at his face, but eventually replaced it with a wide grin. "Yeah, I'm also coming with him. I'm an expert with public transportation. I can take care of Rune." After what he said, everyone automatically agreed. Do they trust this guy? It might be the power of being a protagonist, right? That's also the main reason why he is now waging his tail from excitement to go to school.

Aldric Hirsch is a rich bastard, that's why we're friends. Rich people befriend other rich people to build relationships but mostly for business purposes. this guy is a different kind of species, his family and my family share the same good beliefs. That we should treat everyone with respect and that success doesn't come overnight, so be grateful. The guy was raised like a normal individual. His down-to-earth personality is what makes him unique from the other characters who only show inferiority to others. I'm already feeling blue for the four heartbroken alphas who won't be chosen by the male lead omega. Unlucky them. After all the walking, we finally reached the bus stop.

We're currently riding a bus and I think I already built a trauma from before. I was hesitant to hop in, but Aldric dragged me in and didn't give me time to react. we were standing in the middle of the bus, I still couldn't believe I was inside a book. while the daylight streamed to the bus window, the rune was mesmerized by how cinematic the ambiance of the bus was right now, everyone seemed too busy doing their things. Not knowing they are just extra characters in a book, his eyelids drop to half, and he feels sadness for them. Before he sinks deeper into his thoughts.

The bus stopped, and we finally arrived "We're here" Aldric with a very excited tone. This was not the time to think of other things. We stepped out of the bus, and I was at ease because nothing funny happened "There was no beam of light" I mumbled to myself. Then a fresh breeze swooped me, and I was stunned, is this a school? It looks so unreal. A large number of green newly cut grass fields, welcome us, and detailed building structures with large windows overlook this beautiful, Park. Well, it kind of looks more like a Mall. I was about to ask Aldric if we were at the right stop, but I already got the answers from the written sign on the long piece of cloth hanging above us.

"Welcome to Selcouth University? Interesting name. like the author, just search for words that have deep meaning and put the university along with it." I whispered to myself, while we walked onto the stone pavement, there were a lot of students walking. This remind him of his first day as a freshman from his previous life, he didn't show it, but deep inside he was excited. Aldrich has been blubbering about the school since we entered. I'm still mesmerized by the fact that I'm gonna be studying here, I wasn't able to absorb what he is he been saying.