Chapter 3: You know those things are bad for you, right?

Start from the beginning

At the reminder, I suggested, "Why don't you guys take off and grab food for the crew? Then we can film the last bits after dinner and call it a day?"

Karl nodded his head at my suggestion, but Kris wasn't as easy to please, "Yeah, not happening" She shook her head and crossed her arms, "You've been working literally since dawn. You need a break. It's not fair that Karl and I get to take a break and get food while you sit here for your, what-? Your 15th hour on the clock? Yeah no, not happening."

She was very final about her feelings. Taken aback I responded, "It's okay Kris, really. It's a very sweet idea, but I promise you I'm fine."

When Kris said it like that, it sounded barbaric that I had been up and working since 3:30 in the morning. But she had no idea that the insomnia and cold weather chased me awake, and I wouldn't tell her.

"Alright listen," Kris crossed her arms, becoming exasperated with my attitude, "I know you're the most stubborn person on the planet, but just take a break and get some damn food or make the whole crew starve."

And she says I'm the most stubborn person on the planet?

I sighed, "Alright fine, give me Jimmy's card" I held out my hand in defeat. She smiled widely before rustling around in her purse to fetch her wallet and pull out Jimmy's black card.

The card felt like a paperweight in my hand.

"Alright well, I'll let you guys know where I go for food, just text me the crew's order" I nodded awkwardly at Kris and Karl as I slowly began to walk backward towards the parking lot.

"Ah ah ah" Kris stopped my motion, holding her hand up in protest.

What now?

"Take Karl with you?" She smiled evilly. I scowled at her. I thought this was supposed to be a break?! Practically reading my thoughts she said, "Don't give me that look. What car were you planning on taking?"

Well, she got me there. I forgot that Karl had driven us to the campsite, making his car one of the only ones at the shoot.

I scratched my head uncomfortably, a tight smile making its way onto my lips, "Karl?" I asked expectantly.

He ran a hand over his features, clearly not happy about the excessive time spent together either, "Fine, but can we get Subway?"

I sighed and nodded my head, just ready to take a nap, "Let me grab my keys..." He grumbled before taking off towards the monitor tent to grab his belongings.

As he walked away Kris turned to me with an evil grin on her features, "So, you turned into a psycho and chucked a boot at his head?". Well, she wasted no time.

I scoffed, "Word gets around quick I see..."

Getting right to the point she said, "I've noticed there's been less fighting since then..."

I nodded my head, confirming her suspicions, "Yes, we have agreed to remain civil. Although," I was quick to interrupt her wandering mind, "That's all we are. Civil. Not friends, no less, no more."

She sighed at my words, "...ya know I was really hoping-" She cut herself off, deciding her words may be left better unsaid.

I sighed with her, "I know you were hoping..." I trailed off, "But these things don't just happen overnight. This is the most progress we have made in almost three months. I would appreciate it if you would respect that we're fine to work together, but that does not mean we have to be friends, and it sure as hell does not mean that we need to run every errand together... ya know, like picking up food for the crew..." I added an example, vocalizing my displeasure with the situation.