Chapter One: Crew Love

"Liv - Earth to Liv," Spencer called out waving his hands in the air to get her attention.

Spencer and Olivia stood in the kitchen of the Baker family home, as Spencer got ready to prepare breakfast. Standing by the fridge, he peered inside. Spencer couldn't decide how many eggs he should make, or if they were expecting guests, so he called out to Liv to ask.

Liv was so engrossed in her cell phone that she didn't notice. When she finally looked up, Spencer couldn't read her expression.

"You aight," he asked immediately concerned, his protective nature instinctively taking over. He shut the refrigerator door and hurried over to where Liv stood by the counter.

"I... I don't know," she said, handing him her cell phone.

Spencer looked down at an ESPN article online about the new season of recruits at GAU.

"Liv, uh I know you will always bleed grey and gold, but who cares about the new recruits?"

"What," she said, taking her phone back. "No. Not that - THAT" and scrolled back up.

Spencer looked again and saw a picture of Damon and Simone taken at a recent "Future Legends" sports gala in Atlanta. "They look good," Spencer said, oblivious to what was causing Olivia's distress.

"It's good to see Sim happy. Even if we don't really see her anymore," he lamented. "Have you spoken to her recently," he asked, although he already knew the answer.

It had been three years since the breakup that tore their little family apart and things were never the same. Simone came to LA less frequently and made it a point not to hang out with the Whoretex, as she called it - avoiding Layla and Jordan at all costs. She and Liv still spoke every now and then, but Simone never wanted Olivia to feel stuck in the middle, so she mostly removed herself from the equation. Spencer saw her a few times when he was in Atlanta, but they missed their friendship terribly.

"Spencer," Olivia said, in the voice she usually reserved for her brother. "Not the photo. The caption. Read the caption," she slowly enunciated every word.

"MLB shoo-in Damon Sims poses with his fiancee, rising tennis star Simone Hicks."

"FIANCEE?!" Spencer said incredulously. "What? Did you know about this? When did that happen?"

"No. Of course not." Liv said. "I would have told you. I can't believe it," she began.

"Can't believe what? Jordan said, as he walked into the kitchen, dapping up Spencer and giving Liv a hug.

"Uh...I can't believe the price of eggs these days. Can you," Liv eeked out, panicking. It's really outrageous. Maybe there's an investigative journalism piece I can do on price fixing in agriculture. See if the grocery chains are in on it?

Spencer's eyes widened and his mouth dropped open. He turned his head to hide his expression as Jordan looked at his twin quizzically.

"Olivia," he said knowingly. "What would you know about the price of eggs? You're a bad cook and an even worse liar, especially to be a journalist. What gives," he said? Grabbing an apple out of the fruit bowl and taking a big bite.

"Look, J," Spencer jumped in. Wanting to save Liv the pain of revealing possibly hurtful news to her brother. "We weren't sure how to bring it up but ..." Spencer's voice trailed off as he handed Jordan the phone.

Jordan looked down and was silent for a moment, letting the words wash over him like a cold shower. He put his free hand on the counter and let the apple roll from his hand onto the table. He cleared his throat and said, "That's great. I'm happy for her."