seeing red

i woke up to jett waking me up telling me we had to pack up to leave. i got up and gave him a kiss and a hug goodbye and then got in the rental and started driving to the airport to go home and pack all of my stuff to move in with jett. i thought about that the whole ride to the airport and i kept thinking 'what if im making a bad decision. i returned the rental car and i was sad to see it go. the flight was long but i was able to sleep. 30 minutes before landing  i texted sara to come pick me up. i was so excited to see her and tell her everything. i saw her car pulling into the parking lot and she jumped out and gave me the biggest hug. 

"bitch you have some explaining to do" she said and i was so confused.

"what are you talking about" i asked her. she then pulled out her phone and pulled up a video of jett and i after he won his race. my eyes widened and i smiled at her. 

"about that... jett confessed he had feelings for me and now we are dating and he asked me to move in with him" i blurted out quickly. she stared at me with a blank expression on her face.

"oh" she said while grabbing my suitcase and helping me put it in the car.

"whats wrong" i asked her curious as to why her mood changed.

"nothing" she said getting into the car

"sara I've known you for years. whats wrong" i asked her again. i noticed she had tears in her eyes. 

"you're going to leave me" she questioned now full on crying.

"sara i dont want to leave you but i dont have a job here anymore, jett wants me to move in." i said trying to convince even myself this was a good idea. we sat in silence the whole way to my house.

" are you coming in?" i asked her

"i have to go i have work" she said and drove off leaving me standing in my driveway. i walked inside and after an hour of packing i called jett.

"hello" he answered over the phone.

"jett i cant do this" i said starting to cry now.

"wait am i getting dumped" he asked.

"no thats not what im talking about. i cant move in with you" i said reassuring him that i wasnt leaving him.

"what happened is everything ok" he asked me.

"i cant leave sara" i choked out.

"baby its ok sara can come with you" he said.

"really" i asked 

"of course" he said in a calm voice.

"ill ask her" i said knowing i would have to talk to her before just saying yes.

"ok let me know whats going on after you talk to her" he said

"thank you jett" i said before hanging up. i texted sara that i wanted to talk to her and she said she would come over after work.  hopefully she says yes.

it was a few hours later and sara pulled into my driveway. i opened the door for her and we both walked in and sat on the couch.

"what did you want to talk about" sara said as she grabbed her drink from off the coffee table

"you know how jett wants  me to move in" i asked her 

"obviously" she said while rolling her eyes.

"well i told him i couldn't leave you-" she stopped me 

"you had no problem doing that before" she said with an attitude

"i wasn't thinking sara." i said defensively