Chapter 4

Eventually the looming spectre of the breakfast buffet closing had convinced the girls, who had already missed several meals over the past two days to get out of bed, dress, and head to breakfast, casually chatting as they did so, any tension from the night before seemingly now far the rear mirror.

"So we gotta do something today," Reine declared at the breakfast table, "We already used a third of this holiday on lazing around."

"I would argue we've done plenty," Kiara said putting on her most suggestive smile and giving a little eyebrow action for emphasis

Reine snorted out a laugh. "Oh, shut up. You know what I mean."

"What were you thinking?" Kiara asked. "The beach?"

"That's just lazing around in a different place!" Reine objected.

"Something active then?"

"Yeah, this place has quite a lot, even a golf course." Reine said, turning around the resort map she'd been pursuing as she ate.

"Golf? Really? Isn't that a little, I don't know, bougie?" Kiara said, giving the map a look over, "Oh! There are tennis courts too! We could play that!"

"What's wrong with living a little opulently while you're on holiday?" Reine shrugged. "Besides, isn't tennis pretty bougie too?"

"I guess so." Kiara shrugged. "I'd probably feel like less of a dick on the tennis court though."

"Tennis it is then, I guess" Reine said.

She would live to regret those words.

"What the fuck?" Reine yelled, dropping to the ground, chest heaving with breath after having her third game in straight sets. "How are you this good at tennis?"

"I'm not that good at tennis." Kiara shrugged, wiping a single bead of sweat from her forehead with her wrist, "Just lucky, I guess."

"That's it!" Reine declared. "We're playing golf!"

"Ehhh, really?" Kiara wasn't keen to say the least.

"If I wanted you to pound my ass this hard we could have gone back to the room and broke out the strap."

"You brought a strap?!" Kiara exclaimed, coughing up the water she was sipping.

"That's not important right now."

"I don't know," Kiara said, regaining her composure. "I'm kinda interested in it."

"Oh yeah?" Reine said, sitting up. "How about this, beat me in golf and I'll let you top me with the strap."

"And if I lose?"

"I don't know, " Reine shrugged, "I guess I'll pound your ass instead?"

"To the golf course!" Kiara beamed.

When they arrived they discovered that the resort's golf course was in fact quite the opposite from opulent or bougie, with half the holes closed for the season for maintenance while the others were overgrown and empty of people.

Not that the member of staff at the clubhouse wasn't perfectly happy to lend them clubs and let them play so long as they stuck to the back nine and was even happy to explain what a back nine even was too.

"Sounds like we'll have the place to ourselves." Reine said, pulling the cart with their shared set of clubs down the path to hole 10 on the other side of the course.

"Are you happy that nobody is going to be around to see me beat you?" Kiara said, the prize at stake really firing up her competitive side.

"Have you ever even played golf before?"