Chapter 10 Being Brave

It felt like hours since Dexter and Brian had left Angel but was only 15 minutes ago until a little boy ran from the side of the building screaming.

"𝐩-𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐦𝐞.." The child sobbed over to Angel barley able to run.
Angel sprinted over as she looked over to the front garden seeing no other officer able to help.
She grabbed the child, picking her up into a hug.
"𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲?"
"𝐩-𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞! 𝐢 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞.. 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 4𝐭𝐡 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐫.." The child  sobbed onto her chest.

Angel heart dropped and without a second thought she got up carring the child over to another women standing by.

"𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫! 𝐈𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫!"  As the women was lost for words she took the child into her arms.

Angel ran to the back of the building and forcing her way inside without a second to think.
She had to be 𝚋𝚛𝚊𝚟𝚎.
She grabbed her phone and placed her flashlight on.
"𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞?!"

No answer.

She forced her way to the stairs, being careful where she stepped.
"𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞?" She thought.

Step by step she got to the 2nd floor and saw a body at the side of the steps.
Her eyes went wide as she noticed it was a officer with a pool of blood.
His kneck was sliced...

She kneeled down and checked for a pulse...Nothing..
She gulp and got up heading up the next flight of stairs.
Calling out for anyone that is inside but no one answered till she reached the 4th floor.

A dull and soft cry came from the hallways.
She called out again "𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞?! 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐮𝐭!
Another small muffle echos down the hall.
Angel headed to the back of the hallway and looked inside.

She had to be brave....

The room was filled with black smoke making her cough hard as she inhaled it.

Be brave...
The voice sobbed again, Angel's eyes darted to another room inside the apartment and walked over.
Just as she reached out a deeper voice spoke behind here making her freeze in shock.

"..𝐓.𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐬.." she muttered and turned around seeing him stand there.
She had alittle doubt he was really there.
"𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲~" He grin that just spoke evil.
Angel was trapped in this room, it was hot and the smoke got heavier.

He stepped closer and she stepped back.
"𝐍𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐲.. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞..." she spoke up thinking she was imagining him.
A small bit of hope fluttered till he pulled off his cap reveiling his full face.

There was no way to mistake him now, it was really him.
She looked past him "𝐢 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐫𝐮𝐧" she thought till he wiggled his finger.

"𝐀𝐡 𝐚𝐡 𝐚𝐡 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮? " He voice was making her heart skip beats in the worse way.

She held back tears.
"𝐢 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮.." he reached out and she flinched as he gripped onto her hair.

"𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐠𝐨" she warned swolling her fear.
He laughed "𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬? 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞?"
His gripped tighted and she whimped in response.

"𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐀" she thought over and over trying to keep herself calm, SHE HAD TO BE BRAVE!!

He didn't like her not responding so he pull his other hand from his back reveling a 𝕜𝕟𝕚𝕗𝕖..

Angel glared at her reflection on it, she started to sob slightly.
"𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐠𝐨, 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬.." she begged.
"𝐍𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲.." his grin grew stronger.

"𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠-" he lifted his hand and smacked it into her side.
Angel scream in pain as she felt the knife tear into her.
Pulling it out some blood smashed onto floor.
"𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐃!.."

She inhaled more smoke making her head go dizzy.
Angel gritted her teeth as the pain ran threw her body core.
"𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐫𝐞!" Travis laughed throwing Angel into the floor.

She grunted as her head smacked down.
"..𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞.." she begged again
Travis kneeled over her, gripping into her hair as he lifted her face on the floor.

"𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐞, 𝐢 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐝𝐨 𝐮𝐬 𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭?."
Angel regretted coming up here, she couldn't save the little boy cause how 𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚔 she was.
She cried out as Travis knocked her side where he had just stabbed.

Kneeling all the way down he places the knife between the buttons of her top and teared it open.
She felt ashamed...
"𝐖𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢 𝐜𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 open" he growled, running g his finger over her chest to scars and her lower belly where a bigger scar was showing.

A few faded voices called her name.
"..𝐢..𝐢𝐦 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞.." she tried to scream but nothing came out.

"𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐢 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐞. 𝐂𝐲𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧" He placed a kiss on her head before letting go and running out.

As her mind was sliding into darkness she remembers hearing Dexter calling her name followed by footsteps approaching closer and closer....

"𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥 𝐢𝐦 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞!
𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐌𝐄!"
Then darkness....