Chapter 9 Partners

As time flew by another 2 week Dexter and Angel had gotta abit more closer in partnership on the job and friendship.
The became slightly unstoppable at their work, cracking more cold cases within a month then anyone else in a year.

While her bond with Brain grew closer too in a more romantic way she guessed but Angel knew better.

She hummed like usual as she read a new file, sipping her coffee at the table.
She dragged her eyes along the paper trying gto figure of what's new and what's not.

"𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥" Brian spoke up as he walk in with a smile.
"𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭" she thought smiling back
"𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭?" She questioned as she pulled out the chair onto her right.

Brian sat down and glanced at the paper she was reading "
"𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐡 𝐚𝐡𝐚, 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝"
He rubbed his head.

"𝐎𝐡 𝐧𝐨, 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞. 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐦𝐤𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐨𝐟𝐟" Angel laughed.
He laughed back "𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐞" he put his hands up in defense.

"𝐀𝐧𝐲 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡?" He raised a eyebrow
Angel shook her head and exhaled out "𝐍𝐨, 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐮𝐝𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐩 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐝"
She layed her head onto her hand looking down with a frown.

"𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲, 𝐢𝐦 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮"'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐧𝐨 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞" he grinned

"𝐏𝐥𝐮𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐢 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐲"
He looked away shyly.
Angel lifted her head "𝐍𝐨 𝐧𝐨 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭, 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐩 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐧𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞"

"𝐇𝐦 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞" he grins making Angel blush alittle covering her face till she feel like like she watched again. Her face dropped abit and she scanned the room alittle before Brian catches on.

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲?" He asked with a worried look.
"𝐲-𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝, 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝" she put a smile on.
Brian reached his arm around her and pulled her closer.
"𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲, 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬"
She nodded intimate his chest, he felt warm but not like Dexter.

All of a sudden a alarm came over the radio announcing "𝐂𝐨𝐝𝐞 30, 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐝𝐮𝐭𝐲!"
Brian and Angel shot up "𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞" Brian spoke grabbing his keys as Angel grabbed her phone.

They rushed out and bumped into Dexter around the side who looked pissed.
"𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐧! 𝐂𝐨𝐝𝐞 30" Angel said pushing him out.
They all rushed out to a patrol car.

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥?... 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐱 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐬?..." She glanced at him panting from running.

"𝐍𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐲" she thought and prepared for what they were about to drive up on.

What they didn't expect was a huge fire escaping a 5 story bulding.
Angel couldn't believe it, as they stepped out the smoke hit her nose hard.
Making her cough alittle.
It was thick and black.
People screamed, sobbing and running around in chaos.

"𝐍𝐨 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬, 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬. 𝐏𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐧!" A older officer screamed over.

Brian nodded.
"𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞, 𝐃𝐫𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐨 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫" Brian shouted as he ran off.

"𝐁𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞!" Angel shouted back and looked at Dexter "𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨𝐨"
Dex nodded and went off offering support to anyone injured.