Chapter 10

Swearing

-----------

   As I slept, something unexpected occurred

   As I slept, something unexpected occurred. I dreamt for the first time. Dreams are a ubiquitous thing to have, but not for me. When I was younger, I never had one thought or manifestation emerge into my mind. I would sleep and wake up, the exact process repeatedly. This experience was odd; it felt long, and witnessing images rush through my head as I slept was unsettling.

    It began with me walking down the street; Veronica appeared out of nowhere. We talked briefly, and then she took me to get coffee. That was it. I'm upset. For my first dream, it was the lamest thing ever. I thought there would be some action, but nope, just Veronica and I getting coffee and talking. Dreams fucking suck.

    The sun started to rise, and I felt it hit my eyes. I open them up, everything being a bit blurry. I could only see Five's face, which slowly appeared more transparent. My hand wrapped around Fives. My vision cleared up, allowing me to see Five's features. Our faces were inches away from each other. His breath was hot as it hit my face.

    Five's face looked smaller even though it was close to mine. I let go of Five's hand and cuffed it to his face. He flinched as he began to wake up. He looked around, then looked over at my hand, placing his over mine. "Good morning," Five said, smiling as he removed my hand from his hands and intertwined it with his. "How are you feeling?" He asked, looking down at my leg.

    "I'm alright. It doesn't bother me that much," I replied. "Most importantly, how are you doing?" I paused for a moment as he looked at me, confused. "You got seriously drunk last night." He rolled his eyes and chuckled.

    I thought about what happened last night: Five confessing, the kiss, everything. I'm not sure he even remembers it. "Do you remember anything from last night?" I asked.

    He froze for a moment before responding. "Not really, it all feels fuzzy. I can see clips of what happened, but not most of it."

    Are you sure?" I sounded more eager to see if he could remember anything from that night.

    He gave me a look of confusion as he responded. "Yeah, why?" I started into his beautiful green eyes; they looked like soft grass and emeralds. It wasn't easy to look away, but I did.

    I shook my head. "No reason." I lied, this sucks. Five can't remember his confession or the kiss. One of the best moments of my life, and Five can't remember it. That kiss was everything to me, something I won't forget. Sadly, Five did.

    "Okay," Five smiled, pulling his hand away from mine and sitting on the bed. I do the same thing, but slowly, with depressed movements. I sulk in sadness, making sure Five doesn't notice. But I'm pretty he takes notice as we sit in silence. He peeks over at me a few times. "You alright, Al?" He asked, moving his legs to hang off the bed.