"Wh-what? A mere slime, daring to seek the friendship of the mighty beast feared worldwide as Veldora the Storm Dragon?!"

"Oh, um, you don't have to if you don't want, but..."

"You fool! You foolish fool!! Who said anything about not wishing it?!"

"Oh, no? Okay, so, um...now what?"

"—Mmm, indeed... If you insist...I suppose I could consider it..."

"Yep. I insist. It's settled! And if you don't like it, then watch out, 'cause I'll never come back!"

"No!—Ah, so be it. I will become your...friend. I do hope you appreciate the gesture!"

"Well, to future times, then!"

"Indeed! To future times! ...Ah, yes, allow me to give you a name. In exchange, you will give one to us both."

"Huh? Why? Where'd that come from?"

"It shall chisel into our souls the fact that we are of the same rank. Something similar to the family names the humans use—except my name, for you, will also provide a kind of divine blessing. You are still nameless now, but through this, you will become a full-fledged named monster."

So he wanted me to come up with a common name for us to share?

And in exchange, I'd get my own name and all the benefits of named-monster status? Better think up something good. I'm terrible at this stuff...

"Well, you said you were a storm dragon, so... I dunno, "Tempest" or something? "

"Perfect! So be it! A wonderful timbre to that title, yes."

Wait he liked it?!

"From this day forward, they will call me Veldora Tempest! And you... You will be called Rimuru. Proclaim to the world that your name is Rimuru Tempest! "

Authority POV 

My master has now became friends with one of the True Dragons, I must say that I am impressed. But Veldora had made a mistake, naming my master. 

When my master was being equal named as Rimuru Tempest by Veldora. I copied a few of his skills such as "Storm Magic".

Of course I didn't forget to copy his unique skill.

Investigator

Thought Acceleration

Analytical Appraisal

Pursuit of Truth

Able to find out the truth to most things with curiousity.

Veldora POV

Kuhahaha. I'm Veldora the Storm Dragon! One of the three True Dragons in the world. I have just met a fellow slime friend! 

Just as the moment I named him. My magicules where sent to him, evolving him and making him stronger. 

Wait my unique skill was copied! What on earth! What skill does Rimuru have?!

Well it doesn't matter so long as he becomes stronger after all. Kuhahaha! Rimuru you really are an interesting individual!

Rimuru POV

Thus the name was carved into my soul. Not that it did too much to me. Or my abilities. But somewhere, deep inside my soul, something did change a bit. I suppose the same could be said of Veldora. And that's how we became friends.

"Hey, so I had something I wanted to ask before I left, but...can't you do anything about that seal on you?"

"Not with my powers, no. Someone with a unique skill on the same level as the hero's would be necessary for there to be even a chance."