Prologue: Parting Ways

The morning was refreshing. It was quiet with a light breeze blowing across the ranch. Inside was a different story as the party from the night before had everyone sleeping under one roof. Link was the first awake followed by Navi. Link got dressed, grabbed his gear, and they both attempted to sneak out as to not worry anyone. Though he faced many strong enemies in the past, this task proved difficult. Nearly everyone was clogging up the whole of the main floor. With every step, he watched as the noise echoed and nearly woke them up.

He eventually made it out but found Zelda, Saria, and Nabooru standing at the entrance to the ranch. They had bags packed and each had a horse.

"What are you all doing out here?"

All three had slept together in the same room as Malon and he didn't think to see if they hadn't already woken up.

"They were waiting for you."

Link stood there confused. He knew they didn't want to come along. Could they? He shook his head and started to walk past them. It was then that he was pulled back with a strong grip.

"We are here to aid it. It was upon the Goddess's request."

Nabooru looked into Link's eyes, her intimidation forcing him to stay where he was currently standing.

"Now, you may not agree with us going but we will helo you no matter the risks. This is our home too."

"Nabooru is right. We are all connected in some way. Please do not deny the help from others. Zelda, Saria, and Nabooru have gifts that can aid not only you but anyone that asks for their help. I may just be a farm girl but I know that friends are important."

Everyone stood there awaiting Link's response. With Link being a stubborn person, no one knew what answer to expect.

"I don't agree with the help but if you were told by a Goddess, then I have no choice. There is one condition, however. Nabooru will escort Zad back to Zora's domain and help if she can. I need you, Saria, to go to Kakariko village and see if Impa knows anything about a book to release the powers contained in the rings. Navi and I will head back to Kokiri forest and take the challenge in the Sacred Meadow. Zelda, I need you to head back to Hyrule Castle and inform the King and the townspeople about what has happened."

Everyone was shocked. After everything Link went through on his own, everyone had expected him to resist. Instead, he had given everyone but Malon specific instructions. They all agreed to these terms and after saying their goodbyes and agreeing to meet back at the ranch afterward, all but Nabooru headed out in their given direction. She had to wait until Zad had awoken before she could start her task. Though she had patience with Link, anyone else was a different story. Nonetheless, she didn't want to cause any more trouble so she sucked it up and waited inside for the fish man to awaken.