"Who's Tom?" Kyla demanded.  "I'm going to strangle him!"

"He's Dannon's dad," I said, my soft voice returning.

"Are you two, like, dating now?" Kyla asked excitedly, her anger at Tom already forgotten.  "Please tell me yes!"

"Sorry, but no," I murmured, my eyes darting to my bedroom window. I scared me how much I wanted to be Dannon's girl.  Was it even possible for a person's view on life to change within a single moment?

"Dammit," Kyla muttered.  "He's going to ask you out though, trust me."

My heart instantly contracted at her words.  I bit my lip, not understanding what was going on with me.  Just yesterday Kyla saying that Dannon was going to ask me out would have irritated me.  But now?  It was reassurance. 

Damn.  I'd turned into such a girl.

"Yeah okay," I replied despite the feelings churning within me, shaking my head.

"He will."  She paused.  "Well, I have to go.  My mom is demanding that I clean the stupid hamster's cage.  He's not even my hamster, and I have to clean up his mess.  There's something wrong with this world, I tell you!"

I let out a small grin, shaking my head at my friend's dramatic-ness.  "All right.  Bye."

I hung up the phone and stood up.  I stretched my arms out, my eyes shooting to my doorway.  I wondered what my family was doing.  Did they notice my expression when I walked through the door?  It was impossible to tell.  I sighed, deciding that it was time to face them anyhow.  They were going to come up here wondering why I was being anti-social soon, anyway.  So why bother avoiding the inevitable?

Wasn't I so brave?  I thought so.

"Brianne, are you all right?" my mom asked anxiously as I made my way down the stairs.  She stood in the kitchen's doorway, a rag in her hand.  "You and Dannon didn't get into a fight, did you?"

I shook my head, smiling.  "No, we're good."

Garrett appeared from behind my mom.  His eyes narrowed, and I instantly knew that I was screwed.  "But something happened," he said slowly.

The next thing I knew Garrett was dragging me down the remaining stairs and slamming me into one of the kitchen chairs.  I winced as pain seared through my butt.  Ouch much?  I was really tempted to give him hell for making my butt hurt like that, but I decided not to.  Instead I settled with a, "What the hell are you doing, Garrett?"

Yep.  So much better.

"Brianne language!" my mom huffed as she stepped in, retreating back to the sink to finish off the dishes.  Notice how she didn't tell Garrett off for dragging his innocent baby sister to a chair?  I'd call her sexist, but that would mean she went against her own gender.  That would be kind of demented. 

"Sorry, Ma," I mumbled, not really feeling sorry at all.

Yay!  I was beginning to sound like myself again!  However, I had a feeling that once Garrett started forcing information out of me, I was going to retreat back to Scary Quiet Brianne. 

"Spill," Garrett demanded sternly, crossing his arms over his chest as he stood in front of me.  I bit my lip to keep from giggling at the outrageous expression on his face.  Sure, he was trying to pull off the  "I'm so serious" look, but it really wasn't working out for him.  In fact, I couldn't take him seriously at all.

I scoffed.  "There's no spill anywhere, nor is there anything to spill."

Garrett's eyebrows arched angrily as he scowled at me.  "Do not make me go get a piece of rope and tie you up."