---

On the other side of town, Ved and Vidhi sat in the living room, their faces etched with tension. Suddenly, the phone rang, and Ved hurriedly picked it up, finding Vidyut on the other end of the line.

"Close the windows and gate properly because a storm is coming our way," Vidyut instructed.

"Yes, bhai, we've already taken care of it. How soon will you be coming home?" Ved inquired anxiously.

Taking a deep breath, Vidyut replied, "I don't know yet. Don't worry about it, just go to sleep."

Though disappointed by the uncertainty, Ved agreed, unable to bear seeing his brother distressed. Just as he was about to end the call, Vidyut added, "And if you receive a call from bhabhi, don't tell her anything."

"Okay," Ved affirmed before hanging up.

As Vidhi emerged from the kitchen, having quenched her thirst, she noticed the somber atmosphere. "What's going on? Are they about to come home?" she asked.

"They'll be back soon. Let's head inside," Ved replied, leading the way indoors.

Concerned, Vidhi inquired, "Should I inform bhabhi?"

Ved halted her, shaking his head. "Are you crazy? That'll only worry her."

"Well, they've handled such situations before," Vidhi reasoned.

"True, but this is her first time experiencing it firsthand," Ved pointed out.

"Agreed. Let's wait until tomorrow when she's safely back home," Vidhi concluded.

                         ~~~~

Meanwhile, on Naina's end, she eagerly awaited Vikram's nightly phone call. However, as the evening wore on, Vikram's call never came. Sensing that he must be caught up with work, Naina assumed as much and refrained from reaching out to him. With a resigned sigh, she decided to retire for the night, trusting that Vikram would get in touch when he could, and drifted off to sleep.

---

Both Vikram and Vidyut found themselves in the hospital, anxiously awaiting news about Rajendra, who had been shot in the hand. Vikram, his fatigue evident, sat wearily, Rajendra's blood staining his shirt, his gaze fixed on the operation theatre. The pain and worry reflected in his eyes, contemplating the potential severity of the situation had the bullet struck elsewhere. Though the doctors assured him that Rajendra's life was not in danger, Vikram couldn't shake off the tension lingering in the air.

As the doctor emerged from the theatre, Vikram approached him with palpable anxiety. "What happened, doctor? Is everything okay?" he inquired urgently.

"Relax, Mr. Vikram," the doctor reassured him, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Your father is alright. The bullet has been successfully removed from his hand. He is safe now. We'll be shifting him shortly, and you can see him then."

Relief flooded over Vikram as he let out a sigh of relief, offering his gratitude to the doctor. Turning to Vidyut, he embraced him tightly. "Dad is fine now. You should go home. The children are alone," he insisted, despite Vidyut's concerns about his fatigue.

"No, you look exhausted," Vidyut protested.

"Please, go," Vikram insisted, his voice firm.

The next morning, Rajendra slowly opened his eyes, greeted by the sight of Vikram sitting nearby. A faint smile graced his lips as he reached out to touch Vikram's head. Startled by the unexpected gesture, Vikram blinked and met his father's gaze, relieved to see him conscious.