EPISODE 2.

from the pov of cadance seo.
this chapter contains cadance seo, hwan lee, suzi kang, florence kim, mishil yoon, as well as side characters.
trigger warning for sexualization. please do not read this chapter if you are sensitive to such topics.

( november 3rd, 2022 : 9:32 am )

i ran through my lines backstage, marking the dance quickly. the filming of the first episode starts today, the first episode of our survival show. "familia", they were calling it.

they told me to go for a sexy concept. apparently i was supposed to go for something that would get the attention of the viewers. the goal was for me to be the sex appeal to the male eyes and the body every girl wanted to have. gross, if you ask me.

"you ready?" suzi asked, sneaking up behind me and squeezing my hand.

"can you ever really be ready?" i said with a smile. "yes, i'm ready."

— — — — —

( KARD'S "ICKY" )
[ HWAN taking the part of BM, CADANCE taking the part of SOMIN, SUZI taking the part of JIWOO, and FLORENCE taking the part of
J.SEPH ]

[Intro: Cadance]
Icky, yeah
Icky, yeah

[Verse 1: Suzi]
I'ma get down (Mm-mm)
황홀한 이 순간
널 가진 다음 (Mm-mm)
Make you say, "Oh my God" (Ayy)
홀린 듯이 날 쳐다봐, yeah (Ah)
See my body speakin' my mind (Ah)
When I get down (Mm-mm)
숨도 못 쉬겠지 아마 (Hey)

[Pre-Chorus: Cadance]
Body to body, 짧은 그 순간이
아쉬워 넌 나를 찾아와
I know what you, know what you like
I'll get you, come closer tonight
Right under the sheets
When it's you and me now, we on the floor

[Chorus: Suzi & Cadance]
I'ma get icky, icky, icky, ay, ay, ay, ay
갈수록 홀리는
끝이 다가올수록
Know what I mean
Icky, icky, icky, ay, ay, ay
My innuendo

[Post-Chorus: Suzi & Cadance]
Icky, icky, icky (Mm, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)

[Verse 2: Florence & Cadance]
구릿빛의 vixen (Eh)
So I'ma go get her but 아직은
베일에 가린 듯해 mystic (Mm-mm)
Do you wanna read between the lines? Oh
가친 Buffett's pick
I'll get the blue chip
The first one's bucket list
Romantic 어필보다 (Ay, ay, ay, ay, ay)
아찔하게 끌어내 gaspin', that's my priority
격양 되어가지 like (Ah-ha-ha-ha)

[Pre-Chorus: Suzi]
Body to body, 짧은 그 순간이
아쉬워 넌 나를 찾아와
I know what you, know what you like
I'll get you, come closer tonight
Right under the sheets
When it's you and me now, we on the floor

[Chorus: Cadance & Hwan]
I'ma get icky, icky, icky, ay, ay, ay, ay (Ay, ay, ay, ay, ay)
갈수록 홀리는
끝이 다가올수록
Know what I mean
Icky, icky, icky, ay, ay, ay
My innuendo (Ah, yeah)

[Verse 3: Hwan]
(Woah) It's 'bout to get risky
Hands gettin' frisky
Threw it back, caught it like frisbee
(Oh, woah) Aroma pheromones diffusin' all over
Situation might get sticky, icky, icky
(Woah) Got you excited
Said she want more than a tip
I ain't talkin' 'bout guidance
Dale, mami is whylin', body temp' risin'
Give you what you been desirin', ooh

[Chorus: Suzi, Cadance & Hwan]
Icky, icky, icky, ay, ay, ay, ay (Oh-ooh)
I'ma get icky, icky, icky, ay, ay, ay, ay (Ooh-ooh)
갈수록 홀리는
끝이 다가올수록
Know what I mean (Woah)
Icky, icky, icky, ay, ay, ay
My innuendo

[Post-Chorus: Suzi & Cadance]
Icky, icky, icky (Mm, my in—, my innuendo)
Icky, icky, icky (Mm, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
Icky, icky, icky (You never know)
My innuendo

— — — — —

( november 3rd, 2022 : 11:00 am )

after being onstage for what felt like hours, i could hardly remember a single thing that happened. all i knew was that my outfit was uncomfortable and that i wanted to go lay in my bed.

"you did great out there!" my stylist told me as she removed my makeup. "i think you're gonna make a great first impression on viewers."

"yeah, i agree." i said flippantly. i took off the uncomfortable performance top i was wearing and changed into a baggy crewneck. so much better.

"i think you're all good to go!" the stylist told me, bowing and saying her goodbyes. "you have a great day, ms. cadance."

"thank you, you too!" i said, being happily done with filming for the day. i texted suzi on my way up the stairs, leaving the filming area and heading towards the area they set up for the trainees to use as dorms during the show. i'd likely be filmed as i got to my room, so i put on a pleasant face.

— — — — —

( november 3rd, 2022 : 5:47 pm )

florence asked me if i would want to have a movie night with him. he told me he was homesick, and i thought i had nothing better to do. i would normally be in dance practice until late at night, but tonight i was genuinely so exhausted i couldn't dance.

"should we make snacks?" florence asked me.

"what kind of question is that? the answer is always yes," i laughed. we made our way to the kitchen. the way our dorms were set up, there were 5 sets of jack-and-jill bedrooms and a central living space in the middle, which included a large kitchen and living room. everyone except for mishil seemed to be in their rooms, mishil scrolling on her phone at the kitchen island.

"mishil!" florence said, running up to her to embrace her in a hug. mishil, surprised, dropped her phone and turned around to hug him back.

"hey guys, what are you up to tonight?" mishil asks.

"movie night," i say, opening up the pantry. "you're welcome to join us, along with whoever else wants to."

hwan, hearing the noise, walks out of his room. "what's up guys?"

"we're gonna watch a movie, wanna join?" florence exclaims.

hwan thinks about it, looks at mishil who shrugs at him, and agrees. "why not. what movie are we watching?"

"that's a good question," says mishil.

"well it's up for discussion." florence says, picking up his phone.

i take some microwavable popcorn out of the pantry and throw it into the microwave on the popcorn setting. i make myself comfortable next to mishil.

a few seconds later i smell burning. "what's that smell?" hwan asks, walking over to the microwave.

as soon as he opens it, i know he regrets it, because a fire starts inside of the microwave.