Chapter 6

Midoriya wrapped his four hundredth sandwich, signaling the end of his shift. It had been a long day, and he was ready to go home for a little while.

Shinso finally got back to him and told him he would meet him later that evening with his information on Bakugo.

"Hey, Lila, I'm gonna head out soon," Midoriya said to the organization leader on shift. "I just finished wrapping my sandwiches. I'll help load them, but then I have to get going."

Lila re-tied her light brown hair with a frown. "There's no chance you could help deliver today?"

Midoriya knew that was coming. Ashido was true to her word when she said they would constantly ask the volunteers to help hand out food at the shelters and deliver to smaller places.

"I can't today, but I can stay over tomorrow for a few hours. I have to meet someone soon, and then I have to patrol early in the morning. Today just isn't good." He flashed her an apologetic smile before grabbing a tray and loading it with sandwiches.

"Are you almost finished?" Todoroki asked as he landed next to him.

"Just have to load up," Midoriya replied. "Wanna help?" Since Todoroki finished loading his, he grabbed a tray and started stacking the sandwiches on top.

"Are you going out with us this weekend?" Todoroki asked while they worked.

"I haven't decided yet. Friday, right?" Todoroki nodded. "We have to be here again on Saturday."

"We don't have to be here until the evening on Saturday. I'll help you look for Bakugo for an hour if you agree to go on Friday night. That way, you can cover as much ground as you want, and we'll still be able to go out." Midoriya thought about it while reaching for the ham sandwiches. It'd been a while since he went out with his friends and had a good night. It was a weekend, and he was still young, something he often forgot. He was so busy being a hero and a role model that he failed to live sometimes.

"Come on, Midoriya," Todoroki pleaded. "You're too tense. When's the last time you got a good dicking?"

Midoriya covered Todoroki's mouth with his hand before frantically looking around, hoping nobody heard him. He sighed in relief when he realized nobody was paying attention to them.

"Todoroki, you can't just blurt stuff like that in public! What if someone heard you?" Todoroki reached up and grabbed his friend's hand, pulling it away from his mouth.

"Nobody is paying attention to us. Friday, after we finish our patrol, I'll help you look for Bakugo for a little while before we go back to your place and get ready to go out for the night." Todoroki paused, waiting for an answer. "Sound good?"

Midoriya debated for a moment before sighing and nodding. "I guess I can spare one night," he said teasingly. "Let's finish getting these loaded so we can go. I'm meeting with Shinso soon." Todoroki rolled his eyes and clenched his jaw before turning away from him.

They worked in silence until the trucks were loaded up. Usually, Midoriya would catch a ride with Todoroki, but he had to disappear for a while. The problem with Shinso being an underground hero was that Shinso was supposed to stay hidden. He never did missions in the city he worked in because it was a guaranteed way to get caught, but he still never let anyone at his place. All it took was one slip-up to uncover his entire career.

After saying goodbye to Todoroki, Midoriya headed for the city's East side. The subway on 74th Street was one of the most isolated in the city. It mainly ran for factories and was almost empty unless it was around shift change.

He waited until exactly 6:12 in the afternoon to get on the subway. It was cold and dark and only had an older gentleman sleeping with a tattered bag clutched against his chest. Midoriya could tell he was homeless. His hair was long and matted, tangled with a beard.