Welcome to the Family

Orion's return to consciousness was a gradual process, like emerging from the depths of a dense fog. As he blinked and tried to clear his senses, he became aware of a presence nearby. The figure before him was a woman, an enigma cloaked in mystery, her eyes holding secrets he couldn't fathom.

Confusion gripped him as he struggled to make sense of his surroundings. The room was dimly lit, and he could barely discern the details of the place he found himself in. The woman remained silent, her gaze locked onto him with a mixture of curiosity and intrigue.

After a moment that seemed to stretch into eternity, Orion managed to gather his thoughts enough to speak, his voice wavering from his recent ordeal. "Who... who are you?"

As Orion regained his senses, he couldn't help but feel the weight of the woman on top of him. Though she was not particularly heavy, her proximity was encroaching on his personal space. He cleared his throat and mustered the courage to speak up. "Can you... uh, get off me?"

Astrid's lips curled into a faint, enigmatic smile in response, her dark eyes still locked onto his as if assessing his very soul. She remained silent, adding to the air of mystery that surrounded her. Her beautiful brown skin was complemented by a cascade of braided hair that framed her face like a mane.

Orion, feeling a bit flustered, decided to break the silence again. "Can I at least have your name if you're going to be all awkwardly perched here?" he asked, his curiosity outweighing his embarrassment.

Instead of answering verbally, Astrid leaned back slightly, her fingers gracefully working on the top buttons of her shirt. She left only one button remaining, barely concealing her ample bust. She fixed her gaze on Orion, her demeanor playful and teasing. "Now it's awkward," she retorted, her voice carrying a hint of amusement. "And the name is Astrid, by the way."

Orion, finding himself growing a bit impatient, couldn't resist the urge to speak up again. "Well then, Astrid, can you please get off me now?" he asked, trying to be polite despite the peculiar situation.

Astrid, however, simply shook her head in response, her playful demeanor still intact as she leaned back into him. "No, I will not," she replied firmly, making it clear that her refusal was in response to his perceived rudeness.

Orion let out a resigned sigh. He realized that politeness might not be enough to coax her to move. "Fine, then. I apologize, Astrid, but..." He paused briefly, contemplating the situation. In the end, he decided he didn't care about proper decorum at the moment. In a swift and fluid motion, he rose from the bed, tossing Astrid off him and onto the mattress.

Astrid's attire was a blend of casual comfort and subtle elegance. She wore a long-sleeved tee shirt with a soft fabric that clung to her toned frame, adorned with intricate cloud-like patterns that seemed to drift across her chest and arms. The tee shirt's sleeves were pushed up to her elbows, revealing the sculpted muscles in her arms.

Over the tee shirt, she sported a form-fitting white tank top that accentuated her curves. Her choice of clothing showcased her confidence, and the stark contrast between the dark tee shirt and the crisp white tank top added a touch of sophistication to her look.

Her black jeans hugged her figure in all the right places, emphasizing the curves of her hips and thighs. They were the kind of jeans that suggested she was both comfortable and confident in her skin.

Astrid's striking features were framed by thick black mascara that enhanced her already beautiful eyes. Her gaze held a mysterious allure, inviting those who dared to look into her eyes to discover the enigma within.

In all, her style was a mix of casual chic and unapologetic sensuality, leaving Orion both intrigued and captivated by her presence.

Astrid regarded Orion with a mix of curiosity and amusement as he lay in the unfamiliar surroundings of a room within the estate. "So, this is what the most expensive pawn in the castle looks like?" she remarked, her tone genuinely curious.