Abyss Monarch Cookie x Reader: What if (Y/N) sank deep into the abyss?

Start from the beginning

Honestly, they kind of missed Octopus Cookie.  They were the only one to make (Y/N) laugh.  Them, and them only.  (Y/N) Couldn't help but to smile.  Maybe someone took their spot as the High Regent when they resigned from that position.  (Y/N) Decided on something.  It wouldn't hurt to swim up a bit, right?

So that's what they did.
They decided to swim up to the surface.

Much to their amusement, they decided to swim just a little bit further up, further up into the gates of Sugarteara.  They remembered the time where they abandoned everyone.  They gripped their staff, but they were careful to make sure they didn't break it.  "𝐂𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐞𝐬...𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥..."  (Y/N) said with disgust.  (Y/N) turned their back from the door and they were about to swim away, when a rather familiar voice called out.

"Who goes there?"

(Y/N) snapped their head to the familiar voice.

"..."
"..."

It was silent.
A reunion of old friends?
A reunion of lovers?
A reunion of lost love?
Who cares.
(Y/N) is now a part of the abyss.
Octopus Cookie isn't.
They took (Y/N)'s role of High Regent.
It doesn't matter no more.

"𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐮𝐬 𝐂𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐞..."  (Y/N) said with no emotion.  Octopus Cookie's eyes widened slightly.  "(Y/N)?!  Is that you?  I was worried for-" "𝐒𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭."  (Y/N) said, interrupting their train of words.  "𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞, 𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐮𝐬 𝐂𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐞. 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝. 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐲𝐬𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲."  (Y/N) said with a hint of regret in their voice.
Their relationship can mend...
Right?

"...But-" "𝐈 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞."  (Y/N) interrupted Octopus Cookie yet again.  "You're not even giving me any time to speak though!"  Octopus Cookie yelled slightly.  "𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞! 𝐀𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞! 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐄! 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐈𝐃, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋! 𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐈 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐒𝐔𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐄?! 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐀𝐓 𝐌𝐄, 𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐏𝐔𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐈𝐄! 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐌𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄. 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐁𝐘𝐒𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘'𝐕𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐃! 𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐈 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐎𝐍𝐄'𝐒 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝐈𝐅 𝐈𝐓'𝐋𝐋 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒?!"  (Y/N) shouted, looking very agitated.

Not with a smile.
But with a frown.
A very irritated frown etched on their face.
Octopus Cookie couldn't even bear to look at that frown on their face. 
They wanted to help (Y/N).
They really wanted to.
But...
They just couldn't bear to look at that frown.
Octopus Cookie was going to speak, but it's like the words were caught in their throat.
They couldn't speak.
They couldn't speak at all.
It's like their brain told them to not utter a single word to their former lover.
All that said, Octopus Cookie sighed, a long sigh came from their throat.
"(Y/N)...please...listen to me.  I know you're hurt.  I know you feel as if these words don't matter to you, but please.  Let me tell you that I did care for you.  I cared for you back then.  What lover doesn't care about their partner?  I was devastated to hear that you left Sugarteara...it made me feel very lonely inside.  I was appointed the High Regent because I had close ties with you.  It wasn't fair.  Someone else had to take this position, I thought, but no one wanted to.  So, I had to deal with it."  Octopus Cookie said, walking up to (Y/N).  They took a step back, but Octopus Cookie only held their hands.  "...Please.  I don't want you to think of this as a white lie.  I'm telling the truth."  Octopus Cookie said with hope in their eyes.

For a brief moment, (Y/N) had a hint of hope in their eyes.
And they wanted to give in to that hope.
Wanted to go back to Sugarteara with their lover.
Wanted to spend time with their lover.
Wanted to cherish their lover forever.
But...
They couldn't bear to enter Sugarteara again.
Everyone would just...remember them.
(Y/N) pulled back.
Pulled back so that Octopus Cookie couldn't reach them
"𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲..."
(Y/N) muttered.
They couldn't bear to enter Sugarteara again.
Not after everything.

"(Y/N)!  Wait!"
But it was too late.
(Y/N) was going back into the deep abyss.
The deep and dark abyss that no one dared to go under.
All of the sudden, they stopped.
(Y/N) turned their head back at Octopus Cookie.
"...𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭, 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭."
With that, (Y/N) sank deep into the abyss.  Their home.
The abyss was their home.
But now, something was missing.
A light.
A yearning for light.
What was that light they sought for so long?
A light?
What light?
What kind of light?
Could that light even exist?
No matter.
It was all meaningless in the end.
It was futile.
So there they sat on a rock in the deep abyss.
Wondering if that light will ever reach to the bottom.
Wondering if they'll ever feel that light ever again.
But maybe they'll feel that light again.
Because their next adventure was somewhere where everyone was accepted.
And maybe they can reunite with their light once more.