"You wanna go to Italy?" Knox asked.

"What?"

"Do you want to go to Italy?"

"Yeah. Why? You gonna send me on a guilt trip?"

Knox scoffed. "No. I just find it interesting because I've always wanted to go to Italy too. It's a beautiful place."

Aiden mushed his head. "You're an ass."

"Okay, now! Keep your hands to yourself, before you get hurt." Knox caught both of her wrists and pulled her in between his legs. "What you doin' in here anyway. What did you want?"

She turned her nose up and thought of a lie. "There's a new guy here and I wanted to know how many people were gonna be in the showcase."

"The showcase happens for a week. Three different Grotesque rookies per night."

"So there's only gonna be twenty-one rookies?"

"There's no limit. We'll make adjustments if we need to."

Aiden nodded her head. "You know the only thing I have a problem with?"

"I bet you gonna tell me."

"Hailey's gonna be in it again. She's taking someone else's opportunity."

"No, she's not." He let go of her wrists and grabbed a lock of her hair, twirling it around his long index finger. Aiden didn't move away. She was comfortable with his body heat now that she was compliant.

"Yes, she is."

"But there are no limitations so how is she taking away someone's opportunity?"

"I don't know..." She just didn't like Hailey being in the showcase when she was already with the agency. "It just seems unfair." She crossed get arms over her chest.

"Well, it's already been done, so..."

"Didn't you use to date her?"

Knox frowned and let get off her hair. His other hand settled on her slim waist. He was just as comfortable as she was. "How you know that?"

Aiden shrugged. "Google can be very useful."

"There's information about my dating life on Google?" He bristled.

"Noooo, but there is some information about Hailey. Along with, but not limited to, some pictures from her college days. One in particular, of her kissing a fellow college student with a very familiar jaw structure." She fingered the edge of his face as she said this, biting her lip and twisting her hips. Knox smirked at her. The conflict from earlier was forgotten.

"But I'm the stalker?" He laughed and casually glanced at his watch. His eyes widened and he stood up. Aiden stumbled back and Knox caught her by her waist while helping her find her balance. "I gotta go pick up Koco."

He went around the desk to retrieve his jacket and his car keys. He looked around the desk in search for something. Aiden seen his phone laying faced down beside the trashcan and stooped down to pick it up. He must've knocked it down earlier.

She checked the screen for cracks before handing it out to him. He thanked her with a smile and together they walked towards the door.

Aiden stepped out first and he came out behind her before locking his office door.

"Bye," Aiden told him turning to walk away but he pulled her back.

"So, uhm..." He started. Aiden stood looking at him patiently. " Are we, you know... Are we good?"

"You mean, do I forgive you for bending me over your desk and exposing skin that wasn't meant for you eyes to see, therefore violating my sex and personal space?" Knox swallowed hard and nodded his head. "Only if you answer me this..."

"What?"

"Do I have a cute butt?" Knox bent over in laughter. His giggle fit was contagious and she started laughing too. "I'm serious! I want to know."

Knox pulled her to him. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders, swallowing her in a genuine hug. Aiden instinctively wrapped her arms around his waist, smiling hard and blushing. She didn't want him to let go.

But Knox pulled back though not without giving her a soft kiss on her temple. He hadn't even thought about it before his lips landed on her skin. Aiden thought her face was going to explode from smiling.
"Your butt is just as cute as its owner. And I mean that. I wish I would've copped a feel..." Knox admitted.

"Me too," Aiden slipped. Her eyes widened and she covered her mouth as if she'd just said something foul. She slowly back away to start leaving while Knox watched her. He wanted to laugh, pull her back to him, and tell her it was okay but he just let her go. He was already late picking up his little sister.

"B-Bye!" She called as she walked away.

Knox shook his head and smiled. "See you later, Aiden."

♦ ♦ ♦