Breathe. | IwaOi

"Iwa! Cover!" Oikawa yelled over to the wing spiker, extending one of his arms to the ground, catching himself from falling.

"Got it!" Iwaizumi responded, quickly placing both of his hands together in a fist, in front of his body and adjusting his arms for the volleyball to land on, receiving the ball on the other side of the net.

Sejioh was in the middle of a practice match with another team. Everything was going a bit smoothly until the setter of the Sejioh team, Oikawa, took it a bit too seriously.

"Sorry! Someone cover!" Kindaichi spoke, catching his breath. Oikawa didn't open his mouth to speak. He was too focused on the volleyball's movements to focus on anything else.

The setter bumped into Kyotani a bit harshly, making the wing spiker stumble back, off guard. Oikawa attempted to revive the ball again, though it hit the net, still dropping on their side of the court.

As Kyotani was about to open his mouth, Iwaizumi interrupted. "What was that, shittykawa?! That was clearly Kyotani's ball!" Iwaizumi scowled as Oikawa huffed underneath his breath, looking down. "My bad." Oikawa mumbled underneath his breath, getting back into his position before the team copied.

Iwaizumi clicked his tongue in annoyance, his gaze still focused a bit on Oikawa, noticing he was a bit off this game.

Oikawa's presence is almost screaming; 'don't interrupt my flow.' Iwaizumi thought, slanting his eyes down and taking a sharp breath before the whistle blew. It was the other team's turn to serve.

The volleyball was eventually served with too much force. "It's out!" Iwaizumi spoke up, letting it go. Though Oikawa didn't catch the wing spiker's message and still tried to receive it.

Though the ball already was out of the court, Oikawa couldn't stop himself from falling forward, crashing into some long, spread out tables far away from the volleyball court. Iwaizumi, the first one to witness and see Oikawa making an absolute fool out of himself, ran over to the injured setter.

"Oikawa! Are you oka-" Iwaizumi shut his jaw, his eyes widening as he spotted Oikawa in true pain. He was covering his left knee, biting his bottom lip in pain. His eyes were closed shut, catching his small tears from forming in his eyes.

"Give him some space!" The coach of the Seijoh team spoke up, running over towards the area, moving the volleyball players away from the setter. Though, Iwaizumi stood beside Oikawa, ignoring what others were saying to him at that time.

"Oikawa." Iwaizumi kneeled down beside the setter, placing one of his hands on his shoulder. Oikawa didn't respond, only tensing up at the slightest touches and pain that occurred to his body.

That's when Iwaizumi saw it. Oikawa crying. Tears escaped and slipped out the setter's closed eyes, causing him to sniffle and hide part of his face in shame. Iwaizumi paused, looking up at the rest of his volleyball team members before turning his attention towards Oikawa.

"Breathe. Breathe, Oikawa." Iwaizumi whispered, slowly pulling the setter's body close towards his with a slant to his eyes. He was awfully concerned about Oikawa's health as small sobs escaped from the captain's mouth as well.

"Um, coach? Could me and Oikawa have a bit more space?" Iwaizumi looked up at the coach, trying to put the words and tone into a polite manner. Eventually, Irihata, the current coach gave a simple nod, leaving the two volleyball players alone, but still keeping an eye on them both.

"What hurts? Your knee?" Iwaizumi went straight to the point, eyeing Oikawa's left knee. Oikawa gave a small nod, a tiny whimper leaving his throat as well. He pulled his knees up to his chest with another sob. The wing spiker grunted, hating to see Oikawa in so much pain.

Iwaizumi wrapped his arms around Oikawa's body tightly, rubbing the right side of his body with a faint smile, but still with concern. "Deep breaths, you'll be alright." Iwaizumi lifted up Oikawa's chin and turned his head toward his direction. "Look at me. You'll be fine, alright?"

"Iwa.." A small voice crack came through the setter's voice, letting his head rest in Iwaizumi's hand with a relieved smile. "I.. never knew you cared about me this much.." Oikawa teared up again, sniffling as Iwaizumi froze, dipping his head down with a flustered blush. "Quiet, crappykawa. Are you alright now?" The vice captain raised a brow, looking back up.

"Now that you're here, of course I am." Oikawa whispered, giving Iwaizumi a soft hug, a smile inching across his face, followed by a pink hue. Iwaizumi eventually returned the hug before rising to his feet. "We should get your knee checked out." Iwaizumi looked down at the setter who was still sitting on his bottom.

He held out his hand in front of Oikawa's face. "Right." Oikawa gave a wider smile, grabbing Iwaizumi's hand quickly. Oikawa wrapped one of his arms around Iwaizumi's shoulder, leaning on his body for some support. Surprisingly, Iwaizumi didn't mind at all.

~*~

After the incident, Oikawa rested in the office of Sejioh high. Iwaizumi, getting permission, followed along and kept company. "Does it still hurt?" Iwaizumi spoke over to Oikawa in a gentle manner, placing one of his fingers on top of the setter's knee.

Oikawa slightly tensed at the touch of Iwaizumi's. Giving a nod. "The nurse said it was a simple sprain. I'm fine." Oikawa gave a sweet smile as Iwaizumi smiled back, flicking his arm. "Why did you do that in the first place? It was clearly out of the court." Iwaizumi blinked, placing the ice pack on Oikawa's knee again. Oikawa paused at his words.

"It was?" Oikawa mumbled as Iwaizumi froze once again. "What do you mean 'it was'?" Iwaizumi sat up straight, looking into Oikawa's brown, hazel colored eyes. "I.. didn't know. Well, I was pretty focused-" Oikawa sighed, shrugging.

"Sorry again." The setter rubbed the side of his face as Iwaizumi placed one of his hands on Oikawa's shoulder, and slipped his other in Oikawa's hand. "Stop apologizing, loserkawa." Iwaizumi teased as Oikawa smirked, clenching Iwaizumi's hand and leaning his body against the wing spiker's, tilting his head.

"I'm so lucky to have you.." Oikawa snickered softly, letting out a small yawn from his throat. Iwaizumi looked down at the relaxed setter, placing his free hand on top of Oikawa's light brown fluffy textured hair before quickly removing it before he noticed.

"Yeah. Same here." Iwaizumi whispered back, closing his eyes with a sigh, the two sitting together in a comforting manner.

~*~
Don't think too hard, you'll run out of braincells.

Have a great day!