"How did you know my po-! Souji!" He look straight at Souji, glaring. Souji raised his hands high and shook his head. Okay, maybe this is enough to distract him. When I tried to walk away, he pulled me by my collar, not letting me escape.

"Explain."

"Alright, here comes the poem." He look mad when I kept mentioning the poem.

"Not the po-" I cut him off.

"Though my body may decay on the Isle of Ezo,

My spirit guard my lord in the east."

When I recite the poem out, all of them froze. The look on Hijikata's face was priceless. He knew it was his style of writing of poem but since it was not created until 1869, he looked confused.

"Protect him eh?" I smirk at him.

"What does that means?" Souji questioned me. I smiled and answered nonchalantly.

"Nothing... just a poem I happen to chance upon. Now let's go get some dinner before it gets cold." The atmosphere was revived when dinner became the main topic. I waited until only Hijikata-san and I was left alone before saying my final advice and head towards the main room.

"By the way, that was your death poem. Now do you want to change your way of thinking?" His eyes opened wide in shock while watching me leave. After dinner, I was in my room. Did I did the right thing? By doing this, I might change history...but all of them became so dear to me that I can't bear to lose them now... alright... since I have already hinted to Hijikata-san, I might as well go all the way out to help them!

"Chris" I heard a voice from behind the door calling me. "I need to talk to you." It was Hijikata-san, however, I'm not sure if I want to talk to him right now. The shadow on the door stayed there for a period of time. I sigh at his persistence before opening the door. His face meant business.

"What do you meant by my death poem just now?"

"It means a poem you wrote before you die?" He looked confused.

"Look, I don't know everything single detail and even if I did, I'll still do whatever I feel like without telling you anything. Anyone can die and really, they can die for all I care," He squinted. Ignoring him, I continued, "But to be honest, my life was saved by Kondou-san and he is like a father to me so I decided to help you guys."

"Who are you?" His face was full of doubts.

"Chris." My answer made him sighed. I wasn't wrong, I'm Chris aren't I?

I stood up and slap his back hard, causing him to fall over, coughing.

"Cheer up! I won't try to harm all of you unless you give me a reason to. Anyway, now my life is dedicated to Kondou-san so I'll help the Shinsengumi." He smiled when he heard my response.Wow... even the demon vice commander can smile!

"But when time comes, if I tell you to leave your position, not only you, but everybody, will you do it?" He look at me like I just said something crazy.

"You said you'll help the Shinsengumi."

"Alright, let me rephrase that a little, I'll try to save all of your lives but if you don't listen to me, I can't do anything then." It's up to him to believe or not, I can't do anything else. I'm just an ordinary girl, I can't do anything more than that.

"But Kondou-san deserves better and I've swear to make the officials recognise his abilities." I sighed, perhaps that was too much for him to take in. I shooed him out of my room though he tried resisting and I went to sleep. Tomorrow's going to be a long day...

Enjoy~ btw i've been writing a Prince of tennis fanfic and i have one problem. The name. Would really appreciate it if there are any ideas. So basically it's about a OC that rocks in tennis that, also came from america, entering Seigaku. But one thing is that she isn't the kind type. She would do what she wants stubbornly. Thanks in advance!