What?...

When Daniel uncle introduced us ,I saw his eyes piercing mine. Still they looked beautiful.

There were thousands of ways I had imagined of meeting my forever partner but definitely this was not there on the list.

Yeah but it's ok , bcoz I am not gonna marry him anyway..

Wait a minute didn't he say Ornate...yes he said CEO of Ornate..it's one of the most luxurious company I have ever heard .He is its CEO...may be I got confused ,I know that Daniel uncle is rich but definitely not this much ..right..

Anyway leave it you don't have to think more about it bcoz nothing is gonna happen...period.

"Dave take her to cafe...she came straight from college ,she might be hungry.."Daniel uncle cut through my thoughts.

"No..no I don't need anything I am just fine.." even when my stomach was crying out loud ,I can't take a risk of another confusion.

"Aalia just go with him..you people also should talk something" father Simon came from nowhere with the suggestion.

Saying no is my weakness and that's what exactly is going on here. But may be this is a good idea bcoz I can get his help to avoid this drama. Anyway he also wouldn't agree to marry me .

I followed Dave to the elevator...other than staring from time to time he haven't even opened his mouth...I haven't even heard a mutter.
Elevator was open wide and we both entered ...he was struggling to figure out the floor ...he pressed the ground floor.

"It's in first floor." I pressed 1st floor

I felt like we were in the lift for hours ,the silence was so loudly awkward.

We went inside the cafe and took one of the corner most seat. He took out a tissue paper and started wiping the seat and his side of table before he sat. Now I actually feel like this Ornate may be 'THE ORNATE' itself or he is just a clean freak

"What you want to have?" It's the first I heard his voice , it was deep like an ocean

"Just a coffee is fine" I didn't even checked the menu.

He ordered a coffee for me and mineral water bottle for himself ..weird..

"So what is it?"he just stared at me after this question.

"What?" I was so confused.

"All of this.. bride , groom ,marriage..every freaking thing that's happening" he is still staring

"I don't know .. I am also at the same page as you ...it's intimidating...I didn't had any...

"Oh stop it ,you behave like you didn't had any clue.." he cut me off in the middle.

"I behave like that bcoz I actually don't have any clue of what's happening..why are you being mean ?" He is even rolling his eyes when I am talking.

"And you think I am gonna believe that?..you didn't had any idea and suddenly you agreed to marry me ...wow it's completely convincing" he is being a jerk now.

"I can ask you the same back, why you agreed to the same.Huh !..." this guy is getting on my nerves

"Because that's my grandma and I want to see her alive..I didn't knew some random girl is gonna show up as my bride" now his eyes are glaring

"Look Dave ,we both doesn't want this to happen..let's together convince granny for surgery...without this marriage."this is the maximum manners I can give.

"First of all why are you calling my grandma granny?"His eyes are hunting me down

What is wrong with this guy ..it's too much to take....I am actually concerned for the girl he is gonna marry someday ...Don't answer anything Aalia ..he is gonna bark something else back.

"You haven't finished it yet ...come fast we have to talk to granny..."he took his water bottle and left.

How could I possibly finish while he was doing a questionnaire...seriously who he think he is ...ughhhh .. it's so annoying...

I just followed him because only thing I care about now is getting back to my hostel.I can't take it anymore.
Until we reached the 4th floor we didn't even glitched a bit.

We walked towards the room..some alarm was going on and it was from granny's room ..we both ran towards there...Daniel uncle was running towards some doctor ,father Simon was praying in one corner...something is happening...we both rushed to the door the nurse didn't let us in.

"What's going on someone say something.." Dave was shouting at nurse

"Her vitals doesn't look good ,her pulse is dropping..."she explained in one breath and went inside.

I looked at him,his eyes were tearing up..he fell in to the chair beside him..I tapped his shoulders,I didn't knew what else to do.

We waited for almost one hour ,the alarms went off,doctors came out..they were talking to Daniel uncle..he was not even looking at the doctor...he walked towards us.

He stood in front of us ,my heart was playing drums..

"Can we do it tonight?...I know I am asking too much ...but the surgery is the only last resort we have"he was stumbling and tears were coming down his cheeks.

"Ask father Simon to do all preparations in the hospital's chapel,we will do it tonight" Dave didn't even looked at me when he assured his Dad
What is happening ? I didn't agree for tonight....why is everyone talking like it's nothing ..we are talking about marriage a life time commitment..before I could even say anything Dave left in a hurry. Daniel uncle was talking something to Fr Simon. Whom should I talk to?

Being silent won't resolve anything ,I should talk..I will talk to Fr Simon ,he will understand me ,he has to.

I slowly walked towards him ,passing Granny's room ,I peeped inside ,she was wearing the oxygen mask ,those monitors are running like crazy,she saw me... she passed a smile with great difficulty. I can't do this , I can't be the reason which fades that smile..I know it's stupid but anyway I am gonna go along with it..

Fr Simon approached me, he said my parents and brother is at the airport and they have send car to bring them?
How are they gonna respond I have no idea ...I don't even know how should I respond...

My phone vibrated..

I took it and checked ,there were hundreds of messages ,it's my friends,we had planned a night out and they are waiting for me,how should I tell them that I can't make it because I am getting married tonight to a complete stranger...it's better to ignore those texts

"Are you ok?" That was from my best friend , Nila

I can't explain all these but I just want to let her know "No I am not ok..I'll call u later"

Everything happens for a reason,it seems ...I am waiting to know this one's....

Hope you will like this story❤️