1 - First work day

Start from the beginning

Michie then noticed a familiar color of white hair coming out of the train station and walking towards her. Hoshi had arrived and noticed Michie already. She then raised her right hand and waved at her. Michie smiled and waved back at her with her wing.

"So. Are we going?" Hoshi asked as she finally had walked up and next to Michie. The latter one nodded and started to lead the way since she lived in Kyushu so she knew the way to Hawks' agency better.

"How did the train travel go?" Michie turned her gaze toward her slightly shorter friend. She was 166 cm tall as Hoshi was 154 cm tall. There wasn't a huge height difference between them but when they had been still at the Ketsubutsu, they both had been the ones of the shortest people in their class.

Hoshi sighed and shook her head a bit. "The train was almost packed and there was a child crying almost next to me," she grumbled as she stared straight forward, looking like she'd kill someone soon. "Not a great way to wake up after an early morning," she added as she looked at Michie with a side eye.

Michie took in a hitched inhale as a sign that she felt sorry for Hoshi. But she also felt pity for that crying baby's parents. It wasn't easy to travel if your child would be crying the whole way from place A to place B. Not to add, it would be extremely embarrassing.

"Well, at least it's morning now. Just be a bit more open for this first day," Michie said to Hoshi, causing her to look up towards her.

"I am. Can't you see how open I am?" Hoshi said through gritted teeth and with a sarcastic smile. Michie nodded just a little and continued to lead the way towards the agency. It looks like I'm not the only nervous one here.

<??𖢨??>

It was now 8.00am. Michie and Hoshi had managed to do all of their paperwork that had been needed before they could have started working. Michie had thought that it wouldn't have taken so long but it, in fact, took two hours to fill all the papers.

Now, Michie and Hoshi were putting on their hero uniforms in the workers locker room. Hoshi had already been done but Michie had a bit more problem with her shirt. Imagine putting on a shirt with huge wings on your back.

And many times, people had wondered why Michie just didn't let her feathers fall off like Hawks' feathers. Well, Michie's quirk was only similar with Hawks' in one way; they both have wings. That's it. Michie wasn't able to manipulate each feather nor deattach and attach them from her wings as she liked.

Her quirk was called Storm Wings. It meant that she was able to create strong winds and even small storms with her wings. She was even able to create tornadoes, due to her training and studying. And of course, she could also use the wings for flying.

After a long fight, or war, with the shirt, Michie came out of the locker room. She huffed and looked at Hoshi who had been leaning against the wall, next to the locker room door. She had a smug smirk that told Michie that she had heard her struggling through the door.

Michie just hoped that there hadn't been anyone else in the hallway with Hoshi during that.

So she just glared at Hoshi to make it clear that she wouldn't want to hear about her telling about her war with a shirt to anyone. And it at least seemed that she understood her looks because she did a thumbs up with her both hands.

"What now then? Didn't that woman talking with us earlier tell us to go to the floor seven's conference room?" Michie asked as she looked at Hoshi. The latter one hummed and thought for a little while. She then nodded. "Let's go then," Michie said and started to lead them down the hallway.

<??𖢨??>

Michie and Hoshi had got to the seventh floor and were now heading towards the conference room. Hoshi was humming a tune to herself as Michie was flicking her wings anxiously. She was wondering if they'd meet up with someone. Why else would they have needed to come over here?

It's a normal work day. I doubt that everyone in this agency would go and prepare a celebration party for just two new workers, Michie pondered to herself as she gazed out of the wall window.

Hoshi was tapping the floor with her left foot. She was probably impatient because she wanted to start working already. She was also stretching her arms a bit and trying to keep patient but it was obvious that she was about to blow up.

"Come on Hoshi. We haven't been waiting for that long," Michie pointed out, hoping that her friend would stop her antics after her pointing it out. Usually it worked and worked this time too; Hoshi huffed and crossed her arms against her chest as she stopped tapping the floor with her feet.

"Sorry. I'm just excited to start working already! It's our first agency where we are working at and our first work day. I want to start already!" Hoshi cried out with a, kind of a, loud yell. Michie sighed and held her hand in front of her face. Just a few more moments. I'm sure that the person we're supposed to meet will appear shortly.

"Hello! Sorry if I kept you two waiting, had to stop a few short crimes on my way back from my first morning shift," Michie and Hoshi heard a male voice come from the doorway of the conference room. Michie had already recognized that voice so she wasn't surprised to see the huge red wings of Hawks' and the man himself enter the room.

Hope I don't faint- Michie thought to herself as she stared at Hawks, probably with her eyes being the size of two plates. It's not everyday that you meet your idol. Well, she would probably see him everyday, now that she was working at his agency. Which would make things different in this situation.

"It's nice to meet you. You've probably heard already, but we are your newest workers here. I'm Kehaar," Michie pointed at herself and mentioned her hero name before she pointed at Hoshi. "And she is Chimera," she added, introducing her friend to Hawks too. Hoshi did a small gesture with her right hand that resembled that of a wave.

Hawks was giving them small nods with his signature neutral smirk. He flicked his huge wings as his eyes landed on Michie's wings. "It looks like you have wings. Your quirk probably doesn't work the same way as mine though?" He asked her.

Michie also flicked her own wings as she looked at them with a small, polite smile. "Oh. Yeah. You're correct. My quirk is called Storm Wings. The wings allow me to use them for flight but I can also create huge and strong winds with them. I can also create huge tornadoes but that has a drawback of me getting a bit dizzy. Using the quirk for long periods of time without keeping any breaks will cause aching in my wings," she explained to Hawks, who was nodding to her as she talked.

Hawks then looked at Hoshi, indicating that she wanted to hear what her quirk was. And so, Hoshi started to explain. "My quirk is called Mixed Animals. Firstly, I can 'tame' animals which makes them transfer into my body in the form of tattoos. I can then call them out from those tattoos to help me in battle. But I can also, in addition to that, mix animals and create hybrids or chimeras, like Phoenix or dragons," she explained as she was also counting her fingers to see if she had explained everything.

"Also, if those animals, hybrids or chimeras get damaged, I'll lose blood or even start to get wounded myself. Depends on how badly the animals are damaged or wounded," Hoshi added as she looked at Hawks who was listening intently.

Michie waited for Hawks to say something as he was rubbing his chin with his gloved hand. "Were you already told what your work will be? Like what is your job description?" He asked and looked between Michie and Hoshi. The latter one shifted her own weight from another leg to another.

"Well, we were told that our work will be mainly patrolling and paperwork for those crimes that we were taking apart at stopping," Michie explained with a thoughtful tone. She was slightly confused as to why Hawks had asked that.

Hawks then nodded at them and his thoughtful expression turned into his trademark, cocky smirk. "Good! Then I'll take you with me to my next patrol as sidekicks!" He exclaimed happily with a toothy smirk.

"Huh?!" Michie and Hoshi exclaimed at the same time. They were baffled, surprised, confused, shocked, all of that. And they didn't even manage to even ask anything else from Hawks as he had already left the room, making the two follow him quickly so they'd keep up to him.

- 12042 characters, 2236 words