emotionless freak?

This is a little related to the short-story "left behind", but of course different.

In short George talks a little about his past, then there's a moment of confort between him and Dream.

Hope you'll like it😁.

*No one's pov:*

George is a lonely guy, I guess you could say, always on his own minding his own business.

He does have a friend, but it's like he doesn't, it's true they do spend most of the time together at school together, but that's just it.
After all that's happened to the poor brunet he didn't really mind, at least he had someone to talk to, someone who didn't judge him for not being very exspressive or being oftenly too serious.

When they're not at school, if they text eachother, it's only for school work, nothing else....
George has tried so hard to have the kind of friendship other people of his age would have in highschool, but it was all pointless, and so he decided that maybe his 'friend' just didn't really feel like talking through texts as he's not a talkative person in real life either, but it all soon changed....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the end of another year of highschool, George thought him and his new friend Mark could finally hang out more often in the city center and not just eating at mc donald's like they always do during the school year.

It was a week in the summer break and they haven't talked much, so George decided to ask him to hang out, but received "I'm busy" as an answer, he didn't think much of it, but as the time passed it started to feel a bit off...."why would he lie like that to me, it wouldn't make any sense" he thought, moreover he hoped...

After almost a month the brunet was finally able to hang out with Mark, and went to the city center as they had it planned for so long: they passed by a bubble-tea shop, then a clothes store and then ended up just walking around with no actual goal in mind.

It was already half past 4pm and needed to go home, but before that George invited his 'friend' to buy something to eat at a small chinese store.
Mark didn't really buy anything at all, so the small brunet decided (🤨) to buy him some coconut milk instead.

And lastly he gave Mark a lift to their house and then came home.

For the whole time Mark seemed to be very awkward but it was normal, as he's not such a sociable person, just like George.
Though what seemed off to George was how after hagging out he didn't even say anything about it, not even a 'thank you', since he was pratically never invited to go out with anyone since middle school! But he let that slide, "maybe he is not too good at expressing themselves, and that's completly ok" George had thought.

It had been a week since then.
George was always the one to start the conversations throughout texts, until one day he decided to stop, he wanted to see if they would reach out for him, if they would decide to try and be the one to start it for once, but things didn't really go as planned.

They pratically ended up not talking/seeing eachother for the entire summer!!
The brunet was distraugh, he could not believe the same thing had happened again, for the 100th time. He felt so stupid for believing he had finally found a person he could trust after so many years.
He thought that the pain was finally over...but it was all just a lie he played along with....

*Time skip:*

Soon summer was over and a new year of highschool started.
George had decided to play along and pretend that what happened during the summer just never happened at all.

He kept on acting like what Mark had done, didn't really matter or hurt, like he did back then with the others.
At least he wasn't the person they were, at least he didn't make fun or talk sh!t about George like they did and still are doing...
Because of what they did he has become more selfaware of himself, especially of his own emotions.