B for BETTER

"Do you believe in Soulmates? Coz I really think I've met one".

The goofy smile plastered upon the one before her didn't fail to make her roll her eyes.

"Oh cut the crap Yangyang ".
Hana could hear Ten shouting from nowhere.

How did he even hear it?

It didn't seem to affect Yangyang as he continued to sit before her with that goofy smile.

"No, I don't believe in soulmates".
She smiled politely at him and Yangyang snickered.

"Let me pray for her poor soul then".
Hana said as she got up from her seat and took some files with her.

Yangyang furrowed his eyebrows.
"Why do you have the file of Little Mark Hospital Case?"

"Oh it's nothing".
She flashed another smile at him before disappearing behind the corner.

The confused man looked at his co-worker Winwin at the next cabin who had the same expression mirroring on his face.

Park Jisung? To Kim Hana, he was her first and only childhood friend and her first crush. She had often heard from her parents how she hated the small boy from the next apartment when she was too small. She wondered how that hate turned into friendship and a little more than friendship. But she only had that crush.

It was only after telling her feelings about the boy on his face that she realised how some things have been going indifferently about the boy. He was no longer the cheerful and bubbly Jisung she knew. Something was always alerting him and despite how much she tried, he would never say a thing.

She only wanted to console the boy if there was anything wrong. For a minute, she had forgotten that she was a sucker at consoling others and ended up accidentally spilling about her not so huge crush on him.

She watched with open mouth as Jisung continued to gaze over everywhere but her. He was flustered and seemed a little bit disappointed.

"I.. I'm sorry, Kim Hana".

He took a step backwards.

"We aren't meant for each other".

Embarassed, she ran out of the rooftop, her hands clutching the sheets of her skirt tightly.

A small smile formed on her lips and she pursed her lips.

"I was such a naive girl then".
She muttered.

The mysterious looking trees had been replaced by a mysterious looking house as she stopped her car and looked at the location.

"It's here".

;

After a few minutes of waiting, the door opened revealing a man in his early twenties. His eyes were tired and hair dishelved. Squinting his eyes, he stared at her for a second before closing the door.