16.

Aarohi's POV-

Oily skin? check.

Chapped lips? check.

Swollen eyes? check.

This is me. Aarohi. It's been three days since that incident, the day my father abandoned me. Mom called me that night to inform me that he was looking for an alliance for me, but now that he has seen Ahaan with me he's very pissed. 

I hate being his daughter.

I hate being like this. Vulnerable.

In these three days, I've not met Ahaan, his bua is no more, she had a heart attack. I wanted to attend the funeral too, but then Sonia aunty, Rohan bhai's mom suggested that I can skip going there if I'm not well. 

and I'm not well, I can never be. 

In these three days, I've cried daily because this news reminded me of maa's death, I still get nightmares of that day, the sight of my father laughing and my mom lying there. Dead. All this, my past, my childhood, my father still haunts me.

In these three days, I had 2 panic attacks, I felt my throat tightening again.

I can't handle all this. No! It's getting too much.

I wish my panic attacks were manageable, that would make my life ten times better. I wanted to stand up and take water but couldn't. I feel so helpless. I could feel another panic attack incoming but I closed my eyes to ignore the feeling, he ruined everything again.

What If Ahaan changed his decision of marrying me?

What if Ahaan believes that I bring bad luck?

Is Bua's death my fault?
No! No! That's not possible. I didn't do anything.

flashback~

"You can take her with you and do whatever you want. I don't care." I heard my father talking to someone.

"I'll transfer your money after 2 days, only if I'm satisfied with her." A man said

"That was not part of the deal" my father shouted.

"You want money or not?" That man replied.

"Do whatever you want to do with her, but I want my money."

I can't believe my father is selling me to someone.

How can he?
Am I that bad?
I cried remembering maa, I cried remembering how maa used to save me from his wrath.

"Call her"

"She is in that room, you can go there"

He's not my father, he can't be. No father does that to his own daughter. I heard someone knocking on the door making me shiver.

What will he do? Will he beat me like my father?

"Open the fucking door" he shouted.

"Aarohi, open the door right now" I heard my father shouting.

Is he worth calling a father? No!

"Are you opening the door or not?" My father said again. My heart pounded out of my chest with fear, with trembling steps I opened the door, revealing the man that lives in our neighbourhood.

What is happening here?

Why is he here?

My eleven year old brain couldn't comprehend all this.